Healthy_Chicana's Whole30 Log

Healthy_Chicana10

August 3, 2015 - Day 7 

Brunch - Baked salmon, roasted cauliflower, blueberries and raspberries

Snack:  Peach, 6 green olives

Dinner:  Baked salmon, roasted cauliflower, grapes, roasted almonds

Snack:  Roasted almonds

Beverages:  1/2 gallon of green tea, 1/2 gallon of water, (3) 16.9 oz of sparkling water, lemon flavored

Today has been a real struggle.  I have this mean headache.  My sinuses hurt.  I had an endoscopy last Wednesday that left me bloated and feeling pain on my right upper abdomen.  I had been doing fine up until Saturday during the Shine Color Run where I felt sick to my stomach.  The pain increased, Sunday not so good but today worse.  May have to go to the doctor tomorrow.  I craved sweets today but I just ignored it.  I kept thinking that I already have 7 days why ruin it.  Hope this pain goes away soon.

• Moderators

We encourage you to eat your first meal within one hour of waking. It helps to get your hormonal rhythms in line to support fat loss. 

There were no starchy veggies in your meals. Some starchy veggies are critically important for many women and for most people in general to feel and perform their best.

Needing snacks tells us you are not eating enough at your main meals. Eat more at meals and eliminate snacks. When you do need to eat between meals, try to eat protein, fat, and veggies - a mini-meal. 

Thank you for the feedback.  SO here are my dilemmas:

1.  I've been experiencing pain in my right upper abdomen where my gall bladder use to be.  My doc thinks it could be a virus attacking my nerves or possibly my liver reacting to the protein intake.  Even with good fats the liver still struggles to emulsify fats without the gall bladders help with bile.   This is the only reason that for the past two days eating breakfast has been challenging, usually breakfast is consumed 30 minutes after I wake up and I've taken my Levothyoxin for my hypothyroidism.  

2.  I am also diabetic with a hiatal hernia and an abdominal hernia, my doctor approved of me doing the Whole30 but required me to eat 6 small meals rather than 3 big ones.

With that said, any helpful feedback would be useful in order to be successful at my first Whole30.  I do appreciate that someone replied to my post!! I want to do well and keep myself motivated. 

Archived