Kirsteen, a newbie's W30

Kirsteen

I've just read all of your posts and was really inspired!

It seems like you went through so much during the second week, being ill. And seeing you committing to a W45 was great!

I hope you don't need any other treatments after today's and that you get better!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling really crashed today after yesterday but doing fine apart from that even managed to cook some stuff for tomorrow. I looove forward planning

Day 24

Black coffee

chicken soup - yeah I know it makes a weird sounding breakfast but I was really tired, it was already made in the fridge so I only had to heat it up and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

salad leaves with hard boiled egg, cooked ham, olives, tomatoes and kimchi - the kimchi'll taste better in a day or two but I was sooo impatient.

pork sausages, cabbage, sweet potato & butternut squash

Day 25

Black coffee

Frittata with bacon, broccoli onions & musrooms with kimchi

Avocado & tuna

Courgette noodles with spaghetti sauce ( onions, garlic, peppers, minced beef, tomatoes, tomato puree, beef stock dash off balsamic vinegar & dash of coconut aminos)

Day 26. Felt a bit sick last night, nothing major my digestion has vastly improved on this plan but today I really didn't feel like breakfast. I know we're supposed to eat it but I have to start listening to my body sometime - right? So I had nothing until lunch and then felt fine and had my dinner at the usual time.

Black coffee

Frittata as yesterday with green beans and bacon

Meat sauce leftover from yesterday with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots

enjoyed both meals and didn't feel hungry

Day 27 Felt really queasy at the thought of breakfast again plus really wanted to get out to farmer's market early as workmen were coming round later

Black coffee

salad greens with boiled egg. cooked ham. avocado, cucumber. tomatoes, olives and spring onion with mayo, walnut oil & balsamic vinegar dressing

slow cooked brisket with onions, leeks, carrots, celery & sweet potato

apple slices with raw almond butter

Day 30 the time has just flown in

Black coffee

sausages, egg & kimchi

Skipped lunch - didn't intendt but I was out, it took much longer than I anticipated, there was no compliant food available and there was absolutely no way whatsoever I was going to go off track on day 30 :)

Slow cooked brisket (I'd frozen this but it was so good I got it out already) with onions and brussel sprouts

I'm going to do a W45 so I will keep posting my food log (it keeps me accountable)

Day 31 still going strong but found it psycologically more challenging today. I wasn't craving anything but having to remind myself why I was carrying on with it

Black coffee

eggs & spinach sauted in home made ghee :)

handful blueberries

butternut squash soup & sausage

brisket with spinach & sweet potato

Day 32

Black coffee

eggs fried in ghee (homemade -yeah) with cabbage & leeks

chilli with cauliflower 'rice'

egg mayo with sweet potato

My meals were all over the place today. Had breakfast late because I was supposed to be going out, then had dinner too early, got hungry again so had the egg mayo. Eating in the evening DOES NOT WORK!!! Had the worst nights sleep in ages, have sooo learned that lesson. Will be a lot stricter in future

Day 33

Black coffee

Chorizo sausage with mix of roasted veggies & cauliflower rice topped with fried egg

Baby avocado, tuna, harboiled egg & tomato in mayo

Had diner all planned but suddenly had really painful upset stomach, no way I could eat or even manage water so ended up having glass of coconut water. hope it doesn't last too long this time.

Day 34 Still felt totally yeuch this morning. Stomach still cramping and couldn't even drink water without making it worse so had glass coconut water but felt bit better as day went on

Coconut water (I have to keep hydrated somehow)

scrambled egg with spinach & olive oil

Chicken breast with broccoli, & roast veg

Tad disappointed to be getting attacks like this on day 34. I do have several ongoing health issues but the one thing I am absolutely sure about is, if I feel like this eating W30, then adding crap back into my diet will, in no way, whatsoever make me feel any better so I just keep going. I was going to say just keep ploughing on with it but that's not a very Paleo analogy :)

Day 37 up during the night with upset stomach

Black coffee

Hard boiled egg, cooked ham and cabbage with mayo

Leftovers from last nights dinner

nausea and really upset stomach again, couldn't face dinner, though I'd been really looking forward to it as I did a mammoth cookathon yesterday. stomach heaved at thought of meat or anything with fat or oil, ended up having small bunch black grapes.

Day 41 Arrrgh! awake nearly the whole night with really violent cramping stomach pains. really didn't want to get up but staggered to farmer's market to find they hadn't got my email so hadn't brought the bones. However the woman running the stall was gutted so will get the van to drop them off to me on Wednesday.

Coconut water (only thing that didn't hurt)

chicken soup as yesterday

cooked ham, green beans & scrambled eggs

Day 42

Up during the night - again- really upset stomach. This morning I threw out everything already cooked and everything already opened/being eaten, in case anything was slightly off or something. anyway

coconut water

green beans and tuna with olive oil

chicken soup, made fresh, chicken, stock, carrots, swede, parsnip, celery and leeks.

apple and raw almond butter

Day 43 Felt a bit better yesterday, had a good night was feeling good

Black coffee

hardboiled egg, cooked ham, broccoli & mayo

Then really, really upset stomach again. the apple yesterday certainly hadn't agreed with me. Pain all afternoon,had to go back on meds

chicken soup as yesterday was all I could manage. Feeling really awful all day. this has to end sometime

Day 44 meds have kicked in but still not managing 3 meals a day. i'm determined not to come off W30 until I absolutely have it cracked

Black coffee

Chicken soup as yesterday

Chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil

Day 45 This was as far as I planned W30ing but no way am i coming off it yet, still too many problems. I thought I was doing well todayas I had

Black coffee

Breakfast :) Hard boiled egg, organic cooked ham, spinach and mayo

However it was 8 hours before I could eat again, my stomach kept getting too painful and bloated to face food. :(

Slow cooked brisket with it's veg, broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potato with olive oil

Earlier i also managed a small drink of kombucha so we'll see how that goes

Day 46

Black coffee (I know it may seem strange to stll be drinking this but, though neither my nutritionist nor myself could ever understand why, in all my years of digestive issues, this is the one thing guaranteed not to upset my stomach in any way)

Last nights leftovers. Slow cooked brisket with it's veg, broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potato with olive oil

Honestly didn't want to eat again but managed some brocolli. cauliflower and sweet potato with a couple of fried eggs.

Am also taking kombucha, probiotics, digestive enzymes and betain hydrochloride. Also had B12 injection yesterday, had totally forgotten it was due until nurse turned up at the door to give me it, Will see if something helps

Day 47 received first delivery from organic nursery so made soup with the bone broth.

Cabbage and Bacon and fried egg

Bone broth soup, with hough, carrot, swede, parsnip, celery, leek & garlic

hardboiled egg with cabbage & ham, broccoli and carrots

Archived