Kirsteen, a newbie's W30

Kirsteen

Day 48. Feeling a bit better acyually felt well enough to go out. OK it was only to one shop and straight back but still an improvement

Black coffee

Cabbage & bacon with fried egg

Soup as yesterday - Bone broth soup, with hough, carrot, swede, parsnip, celery, leek & garlic

Brisket with veg it was cooked with plus broccoli & sweet potato

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 49 kinda scared to say anything in case I jinx it but actually hungry for meals today and really enjoyed them.

Black coffee

2 eggs fried with carrots and broccoli + hot sauce. I reckon I could eat anything as long as I had hot sauce, so glad I found a compliant one.

soup the last of Bone broth soup, with hough, carrot, swede, parsnip, celery, leek & garlic

Mash up - basically I had a sort of bolognese sauce I'd already made to which I added cabbage with ham & leek, roasted veg carrot, parsnip, swede and beets and roasted sweet potato, mixed it all up and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Day 50 Who would have ever thought I'd get this far.

Black coffee

Frittatta, (eggs, peppers, mushrooms, onions & cooked ham) with cabbage and bacon

Remains of last nights mash up with fried egg

Chicken & cauliflower curry with sweet potato.

Day 51 missed breakfast. I know I shouldn't but I'd to be at the hospital for 9 and I slept so well, I slept in - first time I've done that in years and years. I had food ready but I'm no good at eating and running so decided I'd eat when I got back. So then I had

Frittatta as yesterday with cabbage & bacon & roast veg.

Rolled lamb (grass fed and lovely & fatty) with cabbage & roast veg

Day 52 was actually hungry for breakfast, such a change

black coffee

Frittatta as yesterday ( I seem to have made enough to feed the five thousand. good job i like it :) )

Butternut squash soup with added cooked ham

Chocolate chilli and roast veg

Day 53 can't believe it's been that long since I started it

Black coffee

Yet more frittatta (only one piece left) with cabbage & bacon and added coconut butter

Soup, bone broth with lots of veggies and chopped up beef (was some kind of steak, slow cooked but had big bit of gristle so just added it to soup was delicious

slow cooked brisket with cabbage and sweet potato (was meant to be stew but it wasn't tender enough by dinner time so fortunately had brisket already sliced and frozen)

Not too bad thank you Renee. My stomach is settling. It's still not 100% but getting there. I feel good about what I'm eating, I do feel very 'nourished' if that makes sense. I feel my whole relationship to food is 100% better. At the back of a cupboard today I came across a packet of shirataki noodles. I've never tried them but had seen them in the health shop a few months ago and so bought them.

I don't know what incenses me more, the fact that a 'health' food shop sold them or the fact that I bought them. I mean these things have practically zero calories because our bodies can't use them and yet they're sold as food? I mean you wouldn't put fuel in your car if the pump warned you your car couldn't use it, yet somehow I thought that would be ideal fuel to put in my body???

i also think my sleep pattern is getting better which, for someone with M.E. is major and I even think I've got 'slightly' more energy. I've actually been out 3 times this week which I haven't managed for months and, so far, no major flu-like crash after going out.

It's all definitely down to what I'm eating. I'm really pleased and really happy about it.

Day 55 - Arrrgh after saying how well I was doing, I only got about 2 hours sleep last night. That coupled with the swollen glands in my neck is a sure M.E. sign that I've been overdoing things. However, I didn't have the horrible fluey crash today and even mamaged to get to the farmer's market for my bones so that's a big plus.

Black coffee

Harboiled egg, cooked ham, tomatoes and mayo

Bone broth and beef soup

Beef stew with sweet potato and broccoli.

Had violet stomach cramps all evening and had finally to take Buscopan :(

Day 58 and still truckin

Black coffee

green beans, roasted veg and scrambled eggs. (Didn't get this til lunchtime as workmen unexpectedly arrived first thing and I was tied up with them.) (not literally :) )

same as last night, pork, green beans and roasted veg.

Day 59

Black coffee

Bacon & spinach with fried egg

Jerky (I just made it and couldn't help eating it) with banana (dinky little 2 1/2 inch one) and apricot

Rachael2288's crockpot chicken coconut soup with added broccoli (Absolutely Scrumptious)

Day 60

Black coffee

smoked mackerel and spinach

Crockpot chiken soup as yesterday

Brisket, brussel sprouts and sweet potato

Almost feel sad that this my last post in this section. I've done 60 days and I feel it's time to, very tentatively, leave the nest and see how I manage on my own. I don't think my eating pattern will be very much different but I'll move this to the Post W30 section and if I ever revert to another W30, well I won't be a newbie then :) So, armed with everything I've learned, onwards and upwards Au revoir.

Archived