Amazing Non-Scale Victory

Dee55555

I started my second Whole 30 July 10th as I had fallen off the wagon bad.  I knew I needed a reset.  On Day 15 I mistakenly ingested sugar in mustard and decided to start over. I'm not counting days anymore, but I do know my goal day is August 24. 

With all that being said you can decide how many days I have been on because it really doesn't matter except to speak to being on the Whole 30 and allergies.

I get monthly allergy shots as I can not even tell you how bad my allergies are.  I break out in hives often and lately my left eye has taken to being swollen shut on many, many days and I was using eye drops regularly to prevent it as allergy shots and meds don't help that.

Yesterday, I had my monthly 5 allergy shots and normally have huge reactions on my arms despite the fact that I have been getting allergy shots for almost 3 years now.  The reaction is all within what my doctor says is normal, but the site gets very itchy all day and usually red and slightly swollen.  Yesterday I got my shots in the morning and right before I went to bed I realized I had NO REACTION to the shots! I seriously couldn't believe it.  I hadn't been itchy all day and you couldn't even tell where I had received them.  Normally if I run my hand over my upper arm there are huge bumps and I had nothing. 

I'm not sure how the Whole 30 does this, but this is better than weight loss.  It is quality of life! I can't wait to see if it will help me heal all of my allergies permanently.

Thought I'd share in case anyone is suffering with allergies or has had a similar success I would love to hear!

That is pretty awesome! There is a lot of thinking out there that gut health has a lot of impact on things like allergies, and so it may be that you are healing your gut? Not really a Whole 30 concept, but you might want to research GAPS and Autoimmune/Anti-Inflammatory diets.

Great to hear! I have developed some kind of mystery allergy, and break out at least once a week in crazy itchy hives. I never used to be allergic to anything! But since my daughter was born 10 months ago, my health and fitness has really taken a back burner. One of my major motivations for this program is to get rid of the hives!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived