Burning Man meals

bachelorjj

I completed my Whole 30 several months ago, so I do not need to be super strict on maintaining compliant foods. Through reintroduction I found I am sensitive to gluten, legumes, dairy and some non gluten grains.

Looking for some ideas of what to pack. I will not have a grill or stove, but I will have a cooler so I can come with some pre-cooked proteins. Historically I have eaten tortilla wrapped bacon and cheese sandwiches, with potato chips and oranges. Keeping veggies and fruit edible for a week in the desert is dificult, even with a cooler.

I don't want to have to survive on jerky and canned veggies so I thought I would toss this out to the masses to try and get some more ideas.

Thanks

Here is a thread discussing food while camping -- http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/30169-what-to-eat-while-camping/?hl=camping and here is a link to an article about what is in your cooler -- http://whole9life.com/2011/07/whats-in-your-cooler/

I would look at fresh pre cooked proteins for the first few days -- chicken, hamburgers, hard boiled eggs, nuts and dried fruits ( I am not a big fan of dried fruit and nuts, but for camping purposes...) Are you going with anyone or know anyone who is going to Burning Man that you could share food and cooking duties with? I have played in the SCA and utilized that during some longer camping trips. You could do canned fish, the aforementioned jerky, and canned veggies and applesauce for the last few days if needed.  Doesn't Burning Man have food sellers too? I have had several friends go before in years past and I seem to remember them discussing that -- of course it could have been in their own groups. 

Great threads you pointed me towards. This does help get the creative juices flowing. I forgot about the single serving Guacamole, nummm.

Thank goodness they sell ice, or else I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I will probably be on Playa for about 10 days this year.

As for food sellers, the only things sold there are ice and coffee. But there are a lot of camps that gift food. But with the desert being what it is, people are ususally gifting peanut butter sandwiches, otter pops, and spaghetti.

Anyone else have any good ideas?

Archived