Started Aug 5 and dealing with Crohn's

Lagg1788

Been doing Whole 30 for five days and fighting diarrhea for 5 days. I usually have diarrhea but not this frequent or this liquid. Today I had a liquid black stool. The only thing I can relate it to is the increased in veggies. It's really going well except for my GI complaints. Any suggestions?

First off I'd suggest you get an OTC anti-diarrhoea med to help you out. Or you may have a prescribed med that you normally use - that's fine too.

Then I'd ask you to post a few days worth of your food/liquid intake to see if something jumps out that may be causing your GI issues...

Is there anything in particular that is new to your diet?

Veggies can do it. I have Chrohn's. Have you eliminated FODMAPS? These are veggies that are hard to digest and can trigger Chrohn's flares. The worst for me are broccoli and onions. Others are beans and grains (which you aren't eating anyway). Also lay off of ANY raw veggies for now. I eat a lot of sweet potatoes and other squashes. Unfortunately I can't tolerate a lot of greens, which most people eat a lot of on W30, but you can still do a W30 with adjustments. There is a W30 with low FODMAPS list on the website.

Archived