Day 2 and the struggle is real... Help?

luna_love

Hey everyone! So I am about halfway through day 2 of the Whole30, and I am not feeling well at all. In fact, I felt terrible yesterday, too. I felt shaky, lots of anxiety, tired, emotional (I started tearing up when my boyfriend suggested I make dinner), had a headache... It was just not good. Today I feel a little better comparitively but my head feels like it is full of fog, and I still have bad anxiety. Before the Whole30 I did suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. I was also an avid avid avid coca cola drinker. At least one a day, usually more. I ate a lot of protein, fruit, healthy fats, and vegetables, but I also ate a lot of not so great stuff, too. Does anyone have any words of advice? I feel like it's ridiculous that I felt so bad yesterday, just 12-24 hours in to the program. I am hoping for the benefits people have had, but I am feeling a bit discouraged and embarrassed right now.

Here is what I ate, if it helps:

Day 1:

Breakfast- 3 hard boiled eggs and a banana

Lunch- 4 slices deli turkey, carrots, cucumber, raspberries, blackberries, LaCroix

Snack- avocado

Dinner- 2 stuffed bell peppers (the recipe in the book), spinach salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, olive oil & balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, raspberries

Today I had the same breakfast and a leftover pepper, salad, and an apple for lunch.

Help? :(

• Administrators

It's not ridiculous at all.  I can see that you are not eating enough though and that is more than likely contributing to the overall anxiety.

Check out the meal template linked below if you have not already seen it.  Recommendation is 1-2 palms protein (that's the thickness, length & width of your palm.....4 slices deli turkey doesn't even come close unless the slices are 1/4" thick or more).  Breakfast needs some fat and 1-3 cups of veggies before you get to the banana.  You might also consider replacing the banana with a fruit that is slightly less glycemically loaded to avoid any blood sugar surges or drops, just until you feel better.

I can nearly guarantee you're going to continue to feel badly if not worse unless you get your meals in line.  

We also recommend that everyone serves themselves at least one fist-sized serving of starchy veggie per day.  More if you are a woman (which you are, obv), more if you are near your period, more if you are anxious or have anxiety/depressive tendencies, more if you are highly active.  Go bake a sweet potato and eat it with your dinner and see if that helps too.

What ladyshanny said.

Also, double-check the ingredients of the deli turkey to ensure compliance: it's really difficult to find compliant deli meat.

ETA: Be sure you're drinking enough water. We recommend 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily.

Archived