Dinner out, next day, not worth it!

jburth7

I'm not really sure where to post this, but just found it interesting.  I am not currently doing a Whole30 - did my first and second two years ago and just basically eat Whole30 most days because I want to.  But, my parents took us out for my birthday last night.  I chose a steak place because I a). wanted steak and B). find it to be the most compliant.

I didn't inquire about any sauces, rubs, etc. because I didn't care too much but I had a filet, green beans, mushrooms, a piece of garlic bread and a small piece of cake.  So, obviously had sugar, dairy, butter, gluten, etc.  basically the whole gamut of stuff!  While I don't feel totally awful today, I definitely was craving my kale, veggies and eggs this morning and my body has been craving water all day, probably to flush my system of all the garbage I gave it last night.  I've also been in the bathroom many times today which doesn't happen when I eat Whole30!!!

To be honest, it was worth it for a special meal out (and bakery cakes are my absolute favorite), but I realized quickly how much better I feel following this eating style on a regular basis.

Just wanted to share because I always read about people wondering what life is like after Whole30 and I think it's cool to have little reminders how much better the Whole30 way of eating is for so many things.

Thanks for this!  I'm still going through my reintroductions and I have noticed I really look forward to my 100% compliant days between the test days. Rather than craving those old foods I'm craving what my body really wants - good clean proteins, fats and veggies.

Archived