Night time cravings

It could be that you have a habit of snacking at that time in which case you need to find some kind of distraction technique - many people find crafting/knitting etc is a good way to occupy the mind, or you could read a book, run a bath etc.... cravings are only temporary & DO pass.

If you are genuinely hungry then it could be that you are feeding your sugar dragon earlier in the day with foods that spike blood sugar, such as fruit or fruit & nut bars, or you could simply be not eating enough. Additional protein & fat will help either way.

If you post a few days worth of food/liquid intake indicating portion size we can take a look and see what the problem might be & point you in the right direction....

Thanks I thought I was eating enough, I'm never hungry. Just after dinner I get a really bad sugar craving, almost physical, and find it hard to control. It's not all the time so thought it must be something I'm doing. I am active, I'm a personal trainer and work out almost everyday. I haven't been having much fruit at all as I found it kicked off my sugar cravings so have pretty much cut it all out. I

What are you eating for postWO? Maybe you need to tweak that, or increase it.

The recommendation is for a lean protein & starchy carb, with chcicken & sweet potato being the favourite. Tuna in spring water works well though as do egg whites...

Ok, I'd say increase the fat a little in each of your meals (with the exclusion of postWO obviously!), and then try to do something that occupies your mind in the evenings to try & break the cycle - it sounds more like a habit... Even something simple like mentally closing the kitchen, or cleaning your teeth can help.

Archived