Jim's Log

JcJimmy

Day 1 Note to self:     

Started this because I am a heart attack waiting to happen.  Dizziness, light headed, sweating for no reason, sweaty palms, sweating after getting dressed and walking to the car.  I can't run more than 15 minutes at a time(and even that was tough).  I am SCARED.  Blood pressure would shoot up to 190 over 110 then drop down to a normal level (normal border high).  I just feel weird and I didn't want to feel this way or live this way.  My diet is in the toilet eating burgers often from fast food restaurants to include cocktails after work.  In fact, last few days here are some of the things I ate: Double Whoppers with Double Cheese and Dr. Pepper with refill, Waffle House for breakfast 3 days a week,  eating almost a full pizza at 11:00 at night after a Ruby Tuesday cheeseburger at 7:00 and even eating a Mexican pizza and 3 soft taco's for lunch with a large Mt. Dew(with refill).  It wasn't uncommon to have four bad meals a day and probably pushing 5000 to 6000 calories plus on Bahama Mama days.  I know this is unacceptable, no wonder I feel so bad and can't get in shape.  For years I shunned friends who said they were glutton free and were living a good healthy lifestyle. How wrong I was. Look at them now and look at yourself.  OK, now it's time to change if I want to see 46 years old; so lets see if I can do this for 30 days.  They say its not hard....... we will see.  Starting weight 219.

Breakfast:   3 Eggs Fried

Lunch:         Spinach Salad, with scallions carrots and 1/2 hard boiled egg topped with balsamic vinaigrette.

Snack:         Roasted Broccoli

Dinner:         8 oz of Red Snapper and steamed broccoli

Feeling:       Out of it, still light headed, and sweating randomly.  Out of breath and get this nervous feeling.

Exercise:      None.

Water Intake:    Not enough about 50 oz for the day.   

Other Fluids:      6 oz of Pomegranate Juice and a 12 oz can of La Croix lemon.

• Moderators

You don't mention any protein at lunch. You need one or two palm-size portions of protein, a generous serving of veggies, and fat at every meal. See the meal template for details about how to compose meals.

How much to eat

We allow juice in cooking, but not as a drink. And you really do need more water. You can enhance dizziness by not drinking enough. 

I did have some chicken I just forgot to post it in the Salad.    

I do really want the 8 oz of the pomegranate juice for the health effects of reducing plaque build up in the arteries. How can I incorporate it into the diet plan?

I did have some chicken I just forgot to post it in the Salad.    

I do really want the 8 oz of the pomegranate juice for the health effects of reducing plaque build up in the arteries. How can I incorporate it into the diet plan?

There are other ways to reduce plaque build-up.

From WebMD: risk factors of plaque build-up:

Read more here: http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/cholesterol-and-artery-plaque-buildup?page=2

You can take on some of these tenets while on a Whole30. Specifically, the recommended meal template calls for 1-3 cups of vegetables at every meal. One of the rules is no alcohol.

Breakfast:   2 eggs scrambled with sauteed onions, tomatoes, and spinach.  

post-76744-0-44854200-1439860100_thumb.j

Lunch:         Spinach Salad, with NY strip steak,  hard boiled egg, tomatoes and red onions topped with balsamic vinaigrette.

Snack:         Baby carrots

Dinner:        Grilled hamburger patty topped with sauteed onions  and salsa with asparagus (steamed) and avacado

post-76744-0-99473900-1439860135_thumb.j

After Dinner Snack:  Like right after dinner 4oz of left over Red Snapper

Feeling:       Just a little light headed still somewhat foggy but not too bad.  No nervous feelings today.  Was only sweaty when I got out of a hot shower and got dressed.  At work around 5:00 was craving some after work drinks but that passed about 7:30 (right after I ate)  I think it was my body craving the sugar.  I was a bit cranky too prior to eating.

Exercise:      Long walk with the wife and the dog.

Water Intake:    About 84 oz for the day.   

Other Fluids:      A 12 oz can of La Croix lemon.

Archived