It is not about how many times you get knocked off track, It is about how many times you get back on track

The evening of Day 2 of my challenge, I was wanting a little snack, of course, something sweet. Since I didn't want to eat anything too big, I decided that I would grab a couple of my Organic Banana Chips. I thought, this would be a perfect snack, Organic Bananas, no big, right? Well, while I was enjoying my second little banana chip, something told me to check the ingredients and make sure. Well, to my dismay, I found that there wasn't just yummy organic bananas and organic coconut oil. No, there was also this thing called Organic Evaporated Cane Juice. What is this you ask?

Organic evaporated cane juice is a completely natural sweetener made from sugar cane. Because it is not processed as much as table sugarevaporated cane juice retains more of the nutrients from the sugar cane.

So, that also means that I am back to Day 1 of my Whole30 Challenge. At least it was only Day 2, It would really stink if it was Day 10 or 20. So, lesson learn. Read the labels before you buy and eat your foods and go get a Masters in Science, so you can understand what all of these sneaky ingredients mean, Nah, just kidding, just take a moment to do a quick Google (or your favorite search engine) search, to find out what the ingredient really is.

No Worries!!! I will just jump right back on track with Day 1 tomorrow. 

If you're craving something sweet from here on in try eating fat - a spoonful of coconut or nut oil or some olives maybe...

That'll show that Sugar Dragon who's boss, AND you're less likely to find any non-compliant ingredients in it.

Fact.

• 2 weeks later...

So glad you are learning while you do this Whole30 thing!  It's a lot to absorb and if you make an error, not to worry.  I think you will read from many folks around here that they made mistakes too, and learned from them.  It seems to me that the Whole30 is such a complex set of cool ideas that it takes time and multiple exposures to learn everything worth learning.  That's totally okay -- the same is true with learning to ride a bike and various other fun things, too!

ThyPeace, riding bikes since 1972.

Archived