Travel for work - packed lunch ideas?

kellarme

I'm travelling to Houston, TX for work training next week. I'll be in a hotel that is supposed to have a refrigerator, but it's never a guarantee. Breakfast and dinner will be easy because myself and my coworker can go to a restaurant and personalize. But, lunch is being provided by the trainers and there isn't enough time to leave the training site to get lunch out.

I need some ideas of packed lunch ideas that would work with minimal (if any) refrigeration and potentially no way to reheat at the training site. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

What I have done in the past is boiled eggs with Cholula hot sauce, an apple, olives, and a few nuts. If you eat a large breakfast and supplement your calories with a satisfying dinner, you will be fine. Decaf black coffee and water with lemon will get you through the afternoon. good luck!

well welcome to Houston! You are lucky because the weather has finally dropped and we are in "fall" weather now (read: mid to high 80's).

Check out D&M post on "Whats in Your Cooler" and pick out a few ideas.

I personally would precook some chicken breast or pick up some applegate deli meat. Easy vegetable like carrots, bell peppers, and celery. My favorite fat options ...coconut butter

We are traveling this week and got some roasted turkey breast in the deli at Whole Foods. It's amazing! They roast it there, only a few ingredients. You can wrap those with peppers or other veggies and top with guacamole. Yummy!!

The roasted turkey at WF is amazing but FYI they brush the outside with canola oil.

Archived