BMs smell metallic

jknolmed21

All in all, things have seemed to get better with my digestion. I used to have constipation, and now I pretty much go to the bathroom every day without laxatives or supplements. Lately though, I've been noticing that my BMs smell metallic. I checked, there is no blood on the paper, toilet, or in the actual matter. Any thoughts on what this could be from?

• Administrators

Hi, that's somewhat disconcerting, I imagine? Are you eating an excess of garlic lately? Changed supplements? Can you give us a rundown on what you've been eating (include portions) in the days of and just before you noticed this odor? Could be that you have inadvertently put yourself into ketosis and the smell is ketones being expelled in your stool?

Hi, that's somewhat disconcerting, I imagine? Are you eating an excess of garlic lately? Changed supplements? Can you give us a rundown on what you've been eating (include portions) in the days of and just before you noticed this odor? Could be that you have inadvertently put yourself into ketosis and the smell is ketones being expelled in your stool?

I actually have stopped keeping record of what I eat because it was making me so anxious I just stopped eating much at all. It's been going on for about a week (I'm on day 24), and I guess I may be having issues with veggie portions (too small). I've been trying to do frozen because they're easier for me and I can just eat a whole bag a few times a day, but before this, maybe I was in ketosis on accident.

Archived