Starting this Sunday Sept 16th....anyone else starting that day?

Alaina Hugo

Today I ate:

Breakfast:

2 all beef grass-fed hot dogs

2 eggs, sautéed in Ghee

Coconut Milk Latte

Lunch:

2 pieces left over grilled White Fish

Broccoli reheated in butter

Black Berries

Small coffee with 1/4 cup Coconut Milk

Dinner:

Beef Stew with onions, tomato sauce, orange juice, carrots, turnips

Feeling good tonight - a little tired, that's all. Not as cranky as this morning ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was quite a dinner. Great work. but I am wondering where you get the grass fed hot dogs. I looked at every hot dog package in the store today and could not find any without sweeteners and fillers. What brand do you use and where did you get them?

Sorry Nancy - I didn't see your question before - I get them at Whole Foods. I first saw them at a Weston A. Price meeting - the vendor was displaying there. I just finished the last of them and threw out the packaging. I'll be getting more and will get you the name of the vendor.

Day 4 completed ;) I ate:

3 eggs fried in bacon fat

3 slices of bacon

blueberries

coconut latte (latte made with coconut milk)

grass fed beef jerky

kalamata olives

homemade beef stew

apple

Loved rebounding this morning for about 30 minutes. Followed up with pushups, bench dips, squats, bench press, assisted pullups, ab workout. Did 2 rounds 30 seconds each exercise, 20 second rest between.

I am feeling sore tonight, and I have that "carb flu" everyone talks about. And now the cravings . . .my husband bought my favorite, chocolate bomb from the WF's bakery - and stuck it on the top shelf, eye level in the fridge. I'm a lucky girl . . .

Hope you find your grass fed hot dogs Nancy - sooo good ;)

2 fried eggs and chicken

fish and kale

chicken, sweet potato and swiss chard

4 dates

handful of almonds

Nothing tasted good today. Finally bought some ghee, not sure I like the flavor. I used it on my sweet potato, will see how it is frying eggs.

Yesterday, really low energy levels.. ugh, I still managed 10-15 minutes of exercise on the Total Gym. Energy was up today, more exercise but a slight headache all day. Grrr.. Hope tomorrow is better. :)

Day 4: no headaches at this point. Gastro issues have subsided. No cravings for sweets, with the exception for milk. But even that is not bad. Really just focusing on being in control of myself and my nutrition, and enjoying real foods.

One more thing: could it be that my suit jacket feels a tad looser today? Hmmm.....

Day 5 is coming to a close and I'm still feeling tired and a tad cranky ;( Had a good long walk this morning. Stayed the Whole30 way all day!

3 eggs over easy

3 slices bacon

broccoli with ghee

blueberries and blackberries

beef jerky

apple

1/2 avocado

crockpot beef stew

No cravings today . . ..

Day 5 done!

Felt good today with lots of energy. No carb flu, bloating has finally gone...phew...

Didn't feel much like eating my various meals but at the same time didn't crave the alternatives, just wanted them!

A sugar free gum was thrust at me. I politely tucked it into a desk drawer.

Frittata and salad

Apple and small fist of nuts

Tuna salad

Chicken and butternut squash and broccoli

Roll on the end of Week 1 - feels like a proper milestone :-)

Angie

Day 6 - and had my first crushing cravings late this afternoon. I just love the Whole 30 Daily Emails - I distracted myself by reading Day 4, they gave me all these great ideas on how to deal with cravings.

Very cool Alan - someone noticed how well you're doing . . . ;)

Today I ate:

Finally finished the Beef Stew

Sauteed Kale and Swiss Chard w/garlic in ghee

Beef Jerky

Apple

Grilled Chicken Leg and Thigh

Green Beans

Sweet Potato w/cinnamon and ghee

I was really hungry today . . . .yep, this was a tough one!

OK, Day 7 - and my gut is flipping out - and me with it. I've had horrible gas, alternating constipation and explosive D. Could my gut have been so sick? I thought I ate fairly healthy and I've done detoxes before - from juicing to raw food regimens. I've never experienced anything like this.

No, not freaking out - still holding the course.

Today I ate:

coconut milk latte

chicken legs and thighs

green beans

sweet potato

swiss chard & kale sauteed in ghee and garlic

beef jerky

apple

spaghetti sauce with garlic, basil, ground beef

spaghetti squash

Day 8: was really tempted once this weekend to have a big ol' glass of milk, but abstained, mainly because I couldn't stand the idea of starting back at Day 1! Over-did it some on eating cashews, but have it under control.

My wife says that someone at church yesterday remarked to her that it looked like I was losing weight. That really fires me up to keep going!

C'mon everyone, stay in so we can finish strong.

Alan

Congratulation everyone for making through the first week. I am on Day 10 and yesterday was really tough for me. I didn't eat anything non-compliant, just too much of everything. I had a good dinner and then settled down to read, after the dogs had gone to bed, and I needed to snack on something. No I wasn't hungry, just needed to snack. So I had a BIG bowl of dried fruit mixed with a variety of nuts. It was so good and calmed my need. But when I went to bed I felt terrible, full, stuffed and generally miserable. Then all night I was running to the bathroom with terrible cramps and the big D. Serves me right for over indulging. I've been doing OK today, but that was a real wake-up call for me to not eat so many nuts and dried fruit.

How are you all doning now? I actually started about the same time 17th September so I am on Day 17 today.

I am the same as you AngieMaggie I am a tad worried about portion size, I have started to reduce my amount of protein but increased the veg and that seems to be working. I don't really want to loose weight as such (a few pounds would be nice) but I defo don't want to get to the end of this plan to find out I have gained weight that woud be awful. Although I do feel better and that is what I should be focusing on. I had been ruled by my scales for wat too long and it has been hard to break the habit of standing on them, which I used to do a lot!!

I hope your all having a good day.

Day 17

... and loving it! Sure there are some junky foods that I've wanted, but so far have not had the real strong cravings. I know I am not eating enough vegetables so I will start mixing more of those in. Baked sweet potato fries last week were a real treat.

I'm now feeling that I actually want to crank up some exercise, not just feel like I need to. I'm sure it is related to feeling better, and I imagine some weight loss is helping my legs. I'll be very curious to see what the scale has to say on Day 31.

Let's all keep on going!

Alan

Allright now, we're all drifting away from posting. C'mon, let's keep each other fired up!

Day 20: I think now I'm starting to get into the "Kill All Things" mode just a bit. Probably need to just mix in some new menu items.

Feeling real good (except for dealing with fall allergies), and my clothes are loosening up some, which is great.

On Day 25 now and feeling pretty darned good only 5 more days and then what? I haven't weighed or measured myself while doing this so I have no idea what results I will see but my trousers feel bigger so I am sure I must have lost a little (it wasn't for weight loss I was doing this). I wanted to see which food group is giving me such sore stomaches (haven't had one since I started) and I also wanted to change my relationship with food and I feel that has worked. Although I worry about after day 30, do I keep going because I feel great.

What are the rest of your plans for when you finish? I think I may just adapt a paleo lifestyle from here on in because my body seems to like it.

I think we are staying with Whole 30 and will occasionally try something that wasn't allowed (dairy, grains, sugar). We have enjoyed eating this way so far and will continue to do so even after the 30 days are up. I'm even planning a Whole 30 Thanksgiving, will be easy being only the two of us but Christmas we will most likely off road. We thought about what foods we would be willing to off road for and could only think of my Moms Christmas dinner and her red velvet cake. I think once a year wouldn't be too bad to go off rack. :)

Archived