Starting this Sunday Sept 16th....anyone else starting that day?

Alaina Hugo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in for Sunday everyone - this is the first Whole30 where I actually joined a group for support. Like Alaina and Tarable I've been grain free for the most part, it's the d*@# sugar monster that gets me every time. If it isn't chocolate ice cream, it's popcorn. Heck, I just love food and am finding it increasingly more difficult, the older I get, to lose the cravings and the extra pounds when I indulge.

I eat ice cream, and then I get sad. I want to be in that happy place you say you are in Bridget, more often.

Got my Whole9 book and downloaded "The Habit Cure" this morning.

Best of luck to everyone - looking forward to sharing your journeys.

OOO whats the Habit Cure? Sounds like something I can use

OOO whats the Habit Cure? Sounds like something I can use

I just started reading, soo I can't tell you much about it, just it was recommended by a friend. I downloaded a copy from Amazon for my Kindle.

Day One-so far so good.

WOD - kettle bell advanced DVD plus ab work. Total time 35 minutes

Crock pot pulled pork

Spaghetti squash

Green beans

Coffee with coconut milk

Apple with avocado

2 bratwurst with mustard (no wheat or sugar)

Handful,of grapes

Got a little tired this afternoon. Feeling a little more energetic now.

I started my Whole 30 at the beginning of September but had some days that didn't go very well.

SO I am going to start over. Day one is Sep 17.. tomorrow! So I'm a day behind most people on on this posting but still in the same boat.

This time I'm trying to be more organized and planned and stay busy.

I'm excited but I also know it won't be easy.

That's why I'm signed up on the forum this time. I need the support and ideas.

Hope everyone ended the day strong. The sugar monkey stayed off my back today, so I'm a happy camper. One day down, 29 (plus or minus one) to go! (well, assuming things keep going well, more or less a lifetime to go, but one step at time)

Nancy, I'm on day three now too.

Feeling OK. It's my first day back at work with this new way of eating. I spent Sunday prepping spaghetti squash with meatballs and tomato sauce for a few days of lunches and making hardboiled eggs for a few days of grab and go breakfasts. My biggest challenge is shopping within my budget! I am trying to figure out what I need to buy from my local health food store (grass fed, pastured meat and eggs - certain fresh fruits/veggies) and then what I can buy from wal-mart (frozen veggies, sweet potatoes, squash, coconut oil) to be the most budget conscious. I'm trying to only buy organic fruits & veggies that are on the "dirty dozen" list and buy conventional for things that I'm going to peel anyway (oranges, bananas, sweet potatoes)

I just started today, Monday. I have tried three other times to complete an entire 30 days, but I haven't made it. I am determined to do it this time. I am typically a paleo eater with a few foods that I just haven't given up, like ice cream, but I am hoping to go Whole 30 for the Whole 30. :unsure:

I just started today, Monday. I have tried three other times to complete an entire 30 days, but I haven't made it. I am determined to do it this time. I am typically a paleo eater with a few foods that I just haven't given up, like ice cream, but I am hoping to go Whole 30 for the Whole 30. :unsure:

Hang in there, I know you can do it this time.

Congratulations everyone! Day 2 and still feeling great! Those daily emails really help.

I ate:

2 all beef grass fed hot dogs

banana

pulled pork

cukes, avocado, onion, tomato, apple salad with lemon juice

grilled white fish

broccoli w/ghee

Packed my lunch to go on the road today. Usually I'm craving chocolate or mocha lattes and didn't experience any of that today. Had good energy up until 4pm. Eating dinner actually helped bring my energy levels up a little bit.

Congratulations everyone! Day 2 and still feeling great! Those daily emails really help.

I ate:

2 all beef grass fed hot dogs

That was quite a dinner. Great work. but I am wondering where you get the grass fed hot dogs. I looked at every hot dog package in the store today and could not find any without sweeteners and fillers. What brand do you use and where did you get them?

Day one is Sep 17.. tomorrow! So I'm a day behind most people on on this posting but still in the same boat.

This time I'm trying to be more organized and planned and stay busy.

I'm excited but I also know it won't be easy.

That's why I'm signed up on the forum this time. I need the support and ideas.

Congratulations on joining us. How did your day 1 go?

Hi Zak...glad you slayed the sugar dragon at leas for one day. Congratulations on your first day.

Today I start day 3 and so far so good

How did your day 3 go Nancy? I'm just starting mine this morning and I confess, I wanted to sleep in all morning. Feeling a tad cranky too - so I'm re-reading the Day 3 Whole 30 Daily I subscribed to. Don't think I'm going through Food Grief this morning, but definitely going to tune in the rest of the day and nap if I have to.

I plan to start a beef stew this morning for dinner tonight, and left over white fish and broccoli for breakfast. We have the best cherry tomatoes from our garden to munch on, love those with kalamata olives.

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but saw this thread and had to join. I also started Whole30 on Sun Sept 16th. I have been paleo/primal off and on for a year or so, and before that lowcarb. I have weight to lose, as well as some thyroid nodules that are probably related to Hashimoto's. Trying to keep my nodules from growing more so I can avoid thryoid surgery. The biggest changes for me on this challenge will be avoiding dairy, as well as the little bit of sugar that keeps creeping in (Lindt 70% dark chocolate, I'm looking at you).

Day 1 was sort of hard. I felt really great yesterday, but for some reason day 3 is hitting me hard again.

Breakfast this morning was:

grassfred ground beef and spinach with a little ghee

handful of blueberries

black tea

Lunch will be grilled salmon and a green salad.

Not sure about dinner yet.

Glad to have found this thread!!

Meg

My meal one is actually lunch. I had to fast for blood tests. Sooo

Lunch: Shrimp sauteed with tomatoes, swiss chard, sprinkled with Florida seasoning from Penzeys and then drizzled with a little homemade mayo, 2 dates and about 10 almonds.

I will eat some tuna salad wraps and an orange later today and then we will have tilapia, asparagus and kale for dinner.

Hey Nut, it was delicious! Florida seasoning has a nice citrus flavor without being over powering, really good with seafood, fish and chicken. I have to order online, the closest Penzeys is 2'ish hours away. I might have to convince my hubby to take a road trip one day. :)

Oh, I also crisped up some prosciutto and crumbled it on top.

Halfway through Day 4 for me! I went hom for my lunch break yesterday and today just so I could squeeze in a 20 minute nap b/c I was so tired. I haven't been getting any work outs in lately - I think I will shoot for some time on the elliptical tonight.

Today's lunch was spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and meatballs with mandarin oranges packed in their own juice and a sweet potato! YUM YUM

7996828793_4772c398a2.jpg

This board is really helping me through, I feel like these first few days are the hardest.

Hi all,

I finished Day 3! Today I had: Meal 1 - Sweet Potato Frittata and salad with half an avocado, small fist of berries, Meal 2 - Smoked Mackerel and a large salad with half an avocado, Snack - 1 apple and 10 nuts, Meal 3 - Beef stew with kale and broccoli.

Does that sound ok or too much? Not sure about my portion sizes - I can eat a massive amount!!

Glad to have found this thread!!

Meg

Welcome Meg. It sounds like you are off to a good start. Why don't you start your own log in the Log thread. That way everyone can always find your posts and encourage you. That's what I did. And reading everyone else's post about what they ate really helps me.

Archived