Starting this Sunday Sept 16th....anyone else starting that day?

Alaina Hugo

Hello my name is Alaina an i recently lost 30lbs over the summer...my goal was 40...unfortunetly ive gained about 11lbs back...and what i did to lose the 30 has now plateaued...and not working...So im going to give Clean eating/paleo a try...if all else fails i know im eating healthier than i ever have before! I need some whole30 buddies!?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be starting Whole30 this Sunday, Sept.16th as well, Alaina. I've been "mostly" grain free for the past three months but still feeling like something is amiss. I have actually gained 6 or more lbs when I was hoping to (and needed to) lose, not to mention I'm fatigued a lot and suffer from aches and pains in my body often and I am far too young for that. So I'm quite excited to do the Whole30 and see where that takes me and what changes I might experience.

Good luck to us both and hope to connect along the way.

:)

I am planning to dive right into another Whole 30 when my current one is up-that would land me on Sunday as well.

New goals this time around-focusing on exercise, as I did not make that a priority with this first challenge-rather gave myself more time to deal w/ learning and preparing lots of foods, getting the dietary habits down. That has all gone really, really well.

I do not know the "final results" from # 1 yet-though that sounds really weird to me now, seeing as I am not really looking to "finish" anything !

I am in a really happy place with my nutrition goals, so I plan to continue as I have been doing for 26 days, and add in a few other whole9 concepts for the next 30.

It is totally worth it !

Count me in for Sunday everyone - this is the first Whole30 where I actually joined a group for support. Like Alaina and Tarable I've been grain free for the most part, it's the d*@# sugar monster that gets me every time. If it isn't chocolate ice cream, it's popcorn. Heck, I just love food and am finding it increasingly more difficult, the older I get, to lose the cravings and the extra pounds when I indulge.

I eat ice cream, and then I get sad. I want to be in that happy place you say you are in Bridget, more often.

Got my Whole9 book and downloaded "The Habit Cure" this morning.

Best of luck to everyone - looking forward to sharing your journeys.

Hi Alaina......it looks like you do have soome support. I am starting on the 15th. I am 79 years old with arthritis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and lots of inflamation in my spine. After reading of Dallas's success with his inflamation I decided this is for me. I have spent the last two days cleaning out my fridge and cupboard of all non compliant foods and reading lots of threads on this forun. so now I giuess it is time to put it to work. I am going to need lots of support as I've been on many diets. And like y ou, they work and then I gain it back. Time to get serious.

Good luck to all who are starting. Lets keep in touch and post our logs. I think reading the logs of different people give me incentive.

Hi everyone! I'm also starting on Sept 16th and am eager to receive and lend support. A little of my history...

I started eating low-carb about 5 years ago and lost 30 pounds, however, I continued to struggle with addiction to sweets and binge eating. I transitioned to a paleo diet about 2.5 years ago and gave up sugar and grains completely thinking my food addictions would be solved, however, although the frequency and intensity of my binges decreased, I still found myself binging on paleo-friendly foods. I completely understand why the Whole30 does not allow Paleo-ifying desserts or junk food! Even though I was eating a diet that most would consider to be very healthy, by the spring of 2012, I had regained the 30 pounds I lost originally plus an extra 15. Yikes!

I attempted to do a Whole30 about a year ago but I did not follow the program faithfully. What I realize now is at that time I had not done enough work to address the underlying emotional issues driving my food addictions. Thankfully I discovered EFT tapping in March 2012 and since then have cleared many of the emotional problems that were fueling my binge eating. I've lost 15 of the 45lbs I'd gained, however, I have been stuck on a plateau for several months. I believe the problem is I have still been overindulging in protein shakes, protein bars and dark chocolate that are sweetened with stevia (all paleo-approved). I don't believe I will be able to break this plateau and be cured of my food additions completely unless I give up these foods. I recalled that the Whole30 was the only one of the paleo-type programs that recognized the addictive quality of stevia and did not allow it so I came back to it.

I am committed to do the program faithfully this time but I think being part of a community of others on a similar journey will help tremendously. Best wishes to you all!

Just scrubbed my fridge spotless and purged all non Whole30 foods in preparation for shopping tomorrow to stock up! Woot!

You should see all the "stuff" I threw out after cleaning my fridge and cupboards. going to the store today and can't wait to stock up on all the "good" stuff.

I am starting on the 15th - it's close enough! I have a few items in the fridge to get me through tomorrow morning, and then I am going shopping! I've been using foodee.com to pull together some recipes for the week. I plan on a big cooking session on Sunday to prep for the hectic weekdays. It'd be great if we could all help support each other with this!

Hi Alaina......it looks like you do have soome support. I am starting on the 15th. I am 79 years old with arthritis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and lots of inflamation in my spine....

Good for you! Way to dive in there.

Everyone: I am starting on Monday, but also figure that's "close enough" for this group, so I'd like to tag along. This is very exciting, and I am committed to the Whole 30 days.

Add another one to the close-enough bus! Actually, I'm starting over tomorrow (Sat, Sept 15). I started last Sunday, but was careless today and bought (and ate) some pre-cooked lamb shanks from Whole Foods that had flour in the sauce (I didn't notice the ingredients until I had already torn into it). Grand scheme of things, it probably isn't that bad of a transgression - I barely ate the sauce anyway - but if I'm doing this, I'm going to do this right!

On the plus side, I don't have to go through the DTs of the first couple days again!

Cleaning out the cupboards and fridge early this morning. After that I'm off to the French Market to pick up some locally grown organic grown veggies for the week. Plan to put together a menu based on my find.

Me and mine are headed to southern Illinois to visit the farm we buy all our grass-fed meats from. Our hosts plan to have a big buffet lunch - I'll call it my last supper with butter and dairy, right?

Well I started today with a good breakfast. I had two scrambled eggs cooked with a large handful of spinach, three,large muhrooms, a small amount of pecan for crunch. Oh yes, and some chopped red onions. I also cooked it in a teaspoon of olive oil and had 1/4 of an avocado.. Not too bad. That was WAY mor than I usually eat for breakfast.

Now to make a sausage and egg casserole to lasst me all week for breakfast.

Hi all!

I think I'm going to start tomorrow (9/17), but *close enough,* I suppose...I think I'm going to spend some time this afternoon (while the BF watches soccer, then football, then more football!) planning and then shopping and doing prep stuff for the week to get myself off to a good start.

One of my big problems is that I work 2 weeks of 0800-1600 and then a week of 0030-0830, and every 4th weekend I work 0330-1130. Night shift is a danger danger food conundrum - timing of eating/not necessarily planning enough/wanting sugar/circadian rhythm disruption/etc./etc. Please let me know if you're a shift worker!

I'll be anxious to see how we all do!

Today's the big day! I'm not sure why I feel so sure that this time is going to truly be the WHole30 that changes my life, maybe because I'm letting go of so much other emotional junk in my life that I feel like it's time to let go of the physical junk, too! In any event, I'm ready to go!

I cleaned out the fridge and pantry.. completely! Arranged my spice cabinet... it's all nice and neat! We began today on Whole30. I had a sort of -melt down- when throwing away food but felt good about the unopened foods we are donating to a family in need we heard about from a friend. A good day so far, except for one person who -yelled- at me about donating the foods I no longer wish to consume to someone else... -boggle-. Sure, I would love to be able to donate fresh veggies and quality meats to those in need but.. I am on a tight budget and the foods we gave to the family.. well is better than tossing in the garbage, especially when I know it's going to good use. I mean, c'mon, I am already nervous.. why make me feel bad about something I think is helping someone less fortunate? Ugh.. oh well.. I did the right thing in my opinion. Good luck to everyone this week! :)

Roasting chicken smells wafting through our apartment.. yum. :D

Good luck to everyone starting today/yesterday/tomorrow!!

Last night I almost had a meltdown after fighting the sugar monster all day. It ended with me in the bathroom yelling, "F you sugar! I'm stronger than you, you &*!%@#." Yes. Literally. Yelling. Received some odd looks from the wife, but I went to bed without caving in.

Things much better this morning. Bacon, eggs, and some simmered veggies - the day is looking good.

Starting today....feeling a wee bit uncertain. Over a year ago, a friend introduced me to Paleo eating. I more or less, mostly more though, followed for a year. I felt better, looked better, ate better.

Then we moved, and we're now sharing a house with my brother and his partner. They both love to cook foods with gravies, cheese, bread, and anything wholly unhealthy. Oh, and they love to make desserts.

Since we share the kitchen and eat dinner together almost daily (taking turns cooking), it's difficult for me to purge the cabinets and frig. My husband is easy to please and will probably enjoy going back to our healthier eating style. It's just a matter of logistics, but I'm don't want to fall off the wagon before I climb on it!

Wow that is a tough schedule. I hope it all work out for you. Try to plan ahead and make something you can eat at work.

I'm only on day 2 so I know it is rough. right now I'm trying to see what I can eat for lunch.

Hi all!

One of my big problems is that I work 2 weeks of 0800-1600 and then a week of 0030-0830, and every 4th weekend I work 0330-1130. Night shift is a danger danger food conundrum - timing of eating/not necessarily planning enough/wanting sugar/circadian rhythm disruption/etc./etc. Please let me know if you're a shift worker!

I'll be anxious to see how we all do!

Archived