First Whole30: Here is my progress

Quinn

Thought I would share. This is my first W30. Things are going well. I started on 9/10, so I am on day 3. Overall, feeling good. Here is my log:

Day One: Meal One was org. chicken sausage and veggies, Meal two was salad and grilled chicken and veggies. Meal three was grass feed beef with veggies and a salad.

Day Two: Meal One was org. chicken sausage and veggies with some cantelope, Meal two was grass feed beef with veggies and a salad. Meal three was grass fed beef with cashews and veggies, and a salad.

Day Three: Meal One was org. chicken sausage, apple, sweet potatoe, and some cantelope, Meal two was grass feed beef with veggies and a salad. Meal three is still TBD :)

Good Morning all. Start of day 4. All things going very well. Food for day 3 was almost a duplicate of day 2, but I had grilled chicken and green beans, and a big salad with cashews in it. Feeling less foggy and much better! Bring on the day!

Thanks Derval! I am have to say, feeling really pretty darn good today. Off to XFit and I would say, my clothes feel way loser...that is a good thing. This is an amazing program....I may do the wholelifechallenge, which my xfit gym is sponsoring next :-)

BTW, want to say thanks for all your encouragement on this site. You do an amazing job :)

Hey Tori, thank you! The challenge is called the whole life challenge: https://www.wholelifechallenge.com/ I would summarize it as Whole30 for 8 weeks and then add in mobility and fitness along with fish oil. Today at 10am, pst, I start this challenge and they weigh us in, do body fat measurements, and we get assigned a partner. Should be fun. I tend to be a social exerciser, so this is a good way for me :)

How is your challenge going?

Hey Tori, thank you! The challenge is called the whole life challenge: https://www.wholelifechallenge.com/ I would summarize it as Whole30 for 8 weeks and then add in mobility and fitness along with fish oil. Today at 10am, pst, I start this challenge and they weigh us in, do body fat measurements, and we get assigned a partner. Should be fun. I tend to be a social exerciser, so this is a good way for me :)

How is your challenge going?

That sounds awesome. I wonder if any of the gyms in my area do these challenges. My Whole30 is going well, except I'm having a really hard time with carb cravings and I thought they'd be gone by now. :/

Tori, I will let you know how it goes. I just realized, I guess I need to look away at the "weigh in" today. LOL.

What day are you at?

As for carb cravings, I still have my own for sure. And, sometimes, I kick myself and say, how much easier processed foods are or heck, even just going back to grains (I am a huge granola junkie (even healthy kinds....LOL)), but....I already feel so much better and I know that this is a good model for my kids, so this is important to see through....

Here is my report for Day 6: Overall, things are going well. I am not signed up for the emails, so I don't know what to expect, but ever since yesterday, I feel like I am in a terrible fog. Carb Flu maybe, but just bad...Not sure what is up. I am staying strong with my diet, but man....just need to snap out of this. Feel weak too. Any encouragement and advice is appreciated.

-Quinn

That sounds awesome. I wonder if any of the gyms in my area do these challenges. My Whole30 is going well, except I'm having a really hard time with carb cravings and I thought they'd be gone by now. :/

Tori, you can find Gyms in your area or do the whole life challenge out of your home. Check it out: www.wholelifechallenge.com

Hope you are doing well!

Report for Day 8:

Start of Day 8 for me. I had some major tough spots over the weekend, but worked through them. It started with delaying my dinner for several hours, and I was already hungry. I had a big energy drop and felt sick. Next day, was not feeling good and so did not eat much for breakfast. As a result, felt like I had a bad flu bug as my energy was so down. Solution was to make some foods that sounded good, and have some small snacks and slowly build up my blood sugar. By mid-day, I was feeling much better. This morning, I feel really strong, and a good amount of energy! Can't believe I made it to day 8! Oh, and to my friends on here, yea...I had cravings. Tacos and protein shakes....too wierd! LOL

Good Morning everyone. This is the start of day 9. Pretty cool I am nearly hitting the double digit days. Any words of wisdom on things that I should expect?

Program is going well overall. Meals are dialed in and I am adding 1-2 snacks a day on workout days to help me with the low blood sugar, and that seems to work well. Too funny that I have been undereating. My relationship with food is changing, and that is a good thing. I got an email from a friend of mine congratulating me on my progress and reminding me, it takes 20 days to make or break a habbit. Guess I am half way there :-)

This is the start of Day 12: Amazing how well things are going now. I had my tough times last weekend, but I am figuring it out. I still need to break out and eat a greater variety of foods, but I am eating healthy. I put a post of my dinner on facebook last night, and people were amazed how good a small grass fed steak with a side of squash and bell peppers looked, along with a side of kale/spinich/tomatoe salad. All very good.

Heading to Xfit today. Feel like the energy is really here....

Today is DAY 14! Wow...nearly half way there. Overall, this eating lifestyle feels more normal than not. I have lots of energy, and I am really feeling good about how my body is coming along and dramatically seeing the benefits of this program.

The next 7 days should be relatively easy. It is a week from tomorrow that will be the challenge, as I am traveling for business. I will stick to it, but need some good ideas....

Have a great day all!

Nice job, Quinn! For your travelling, make sure you have some emergency snacks - could you make a batch of jerky for yourself this week? And as to dining out, I hate to say it, but question everything. Read over menus in advance if you can and try to keep what you order simple. Even something as seemingly straight forward as a burger on top of greens can be a challenge. I recommend hand gestures with one hand representing the salad and another the burger, gesturing, saying no bun, no cheese, no fries, no dressing, explaining how you like the juice of the burger as the dressing... Even with this approach I'm only about 50% perfectly successful - other times the burger is on the side or fries are included. Let me know if you are able to perfect this technique and good luck.

Thank you Homer! Have you had any luck with Sushi without the rice/soy? I was going to bring some of my own food, go to Whole Foods for lunch/dinners, and then do Nigiri sushi one night...at least that was the plan. I know this is going to be hard. For sure...

Quinn, yes I have. It's one of my go to lunches when I don't bring something in from home. Had sashimi for lunch on Friday - tuna, salmon and sea urchin. Ate that along with the daikon - you really get to taste the fish when you don't use soy sauce. I think Nigiri is the fish on top of rice so you'd want to say sashimi or just make it very clear what exactly you're looking for.

Archived