Day 4 and Pics of lunch and dinner

northwoodsmom8

Today is day 4 and haven't hit my "not motivated" stage yet.  Totally thankful for the increased energy already!  In fact, I'm in awe of that factor!  

I made homemade mayo last night--no illegal ingredients and our farm fresh eggs.  SO good!  The only thing I did was sub 1/4 tsp of brown mustard [all good ingredients] for the dijon with white wine vinegar.  Then today I made a chicken and egg salad with celery and green onion and my homemade mayo and then wrapped in 3 red lettuce leaves.  Side of cucumber, red onion and tomato salad with JUST apple cider vinegar and salt and it's really good without the sweetener and about 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potato.  

post-77320-0-63233100-1440807941_thumb.j

For supper I took 1/2 of a larger zucchini and spiralized it

http://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer®-Tri-Blade-Vegetable-Strongest-Heaviest-Gluten-Free/dp/B00GRIR87M/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1440807168&sr=1-3&keywords=spiralizer

Then I sautéed in a little coconut oil until just lightly cooked [still crunchy] and put my homemade spaghetti sauce in it [looked everywhere for sugar/soy free store bought and none--but this turned out pretty good.

[spaghetti sauce:  1 can tomato paste with 2 cans of water, basil, parsley.  Sautéed onion and garlic in coconut oil and added to sauce]  Added ground beef and tossed it all together.  Side cucumber salad and another helping of sweet potato.

post-77320-0-33959000-1440807949_thumb.j

No fruit today, but did have 3 small helpings of sweet potato--is that too much?  And can someone say the guideline for fruit: once a day, once every other day, once a week?? 

I LOVE getting the "Daily" and if you're on the fence about subscribing, I high recommend it!  So helpful and I feel so supported in the journey.  

My symptoms of detox:  mild headaches but not really what I expected especially since I ate sugar for almost a week before starting [hadn't had it since the end of March].

Anyone else on day 4?  Would love to hear your experience so far.

Your meals look really tasty!

In answer to your question about the sweet potatoes our recommendation for starchy veg is at least a fist sized serving per day. Women tend to need more especially in the run up to their period, or if they suffer from anxiety. Anyone particularly active could do with more... If you're sedentary or have blood sugar issues then you need to think about limiting them.

As for fruit the recommendation is a maximum of two servings per day, with or as part of a meal. Many people choose not to eat any as they feel it keeps the sugar dragon alive. I tend to only eat maybe some apple chopped up into a salad (it works really well with boiled/pickled beets), or added to recipes as they're cooking - it's up to you.

Keep your water intake up - aim for at least a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight - and that should help with the headaches....

Good work  :)

Today is day 4 and haven't hit my "not motivated" stage yet.  Totally thankful for the increased energy already!  In fact, I'm in awe of that factor!  

I made homemade mayo last night--no illegal ingredients and our farm fresh eggs.  SO good!  The only thing I did was sub 1/4 tsp of brown mustard [all good ingredients] for the dijon with white wine vinegar.  Then today I made a chicken and egg salad with celery and green onion and my homemade mayo and then wrapped in 3 red lettuce leaves.  Side of cucumber, red onion and tomato salad with JUST apple cider vinegar and salt and it's really good without the sweetener and about 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potato.  

attachicon.gifIMG_2884.JPG

For supper I took 1/2 of a larger zucchini and spiralized it

http://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer®-Tri-Blade-Vegetable-Strongest-Heaviest-Gluten-Free/dp/B00GRIR87M/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1440807168&sr=1-3&keywords=spiralizer

Then I sautéed in a little coconut oil until just lightly cooked [still crunchy] and put my homemade spaghetti sauce in it [looked everywhere for sugar/soy free store bought and none--but this turned out pretty good.

[spaghetti sauce:  1 can tomato paste with 2 cans of water, basil, parsley.  Sautéed onion and garlic in coconut oil and added to sauce]  Added ground beef and tossed it all together.  Side cucumber salad and another helping of sweet potato.

attachicon.gifIMG_2885.JPG

No fruit today, but did have 3 small helpings of sweet potato--is that too much?  And can someone say the guideline for fruit: once a day, once every other day, once a week?? 

I LOVE getting the "Daily" and if you're on the fence about subscribing, I high recommend it!  So helpful and I feel so supported in the journey.  

My symptoms of detox:  mild headaches but not really what I expected especially since I ate sugar for almost a week before starting [hadn't had it since the end of March].

Anyone else on day 4?  Would love to hear your experience so far.

How great is this post.  Love your egg and chicken salad.  I bought the spiralizer but haven't used it yet.  I will and let you know...  We are all on this fabulous journey and the daily results, energy, etc are the best results.  Keep posting pics and recipes.  You are an inspiration.  I feel with the WHOLE 30 I am becoming a better cook (chef?).  How about you?   Thanks and Congratulations.

Archived