Wine tasting on day 27...

likelaiks

I've managed to weather many food and alcohol-centric social situations during my whole30--boozy barbecues, a girls weekend full of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, and a two-day camping trip. However, this Saturday will be day 27 and I've been invited to a large group wine tasting event, as my boyfriend's plus-one. He has been very tolerant of the whole30 so far but feels like it would be ridiculous for me to stay compliant for something like this, especially on day 27 when the program is pretty much finished. On the other hand, I know how upset with myself I would be if I made it all this way just to cave in before the 30 days are up. Not attending the event is not an option, as it's part of a big celebration...any advice or experiences to share here? 

Do you need to taste the wine to be a beautiful and enjoyable companion for your boyfriend? Day 27 isn't pretty much finished...it's 3 days short. Hold on to your convictions about the program. Go and enjoy some sparkling water with lime and the company of friends. People not being able to accept your choices is their problem not yours. Hold strong!

Archived