Baby with eczema Day7

I'm on day 7 of whole30 and my 3 month old exclusively breastfed baby has patches of eczema all over his body. They started on day 2. U thought it was his body reacting to cutting out dairy/sugar/wheat and it would go away quickly but it seems to be lingering around. Any ideas what is going on? Could this be a sign of a coconut allergy (that's the only food I can think of that I've eaten a lot more of)?

Thank you!

• Moderators

It could be a coconut allergy, some people are quite sensitive to it so you can try cutting that out for a few days and see if it gets better but my understanding of excema is that it doesn't go away instantly, so you might want to monitor for new outbreaks or healing of the existing spots instead of being disheartened if it doesn't clear up right away.

I took him to the pediatrician today because it isn't getting better. The Dr. Said Whole 30 sounds quite healthy but thinks it's eggs causing the eczema. I'll be cuttin out eggs for the next week to see if it starts to clear up. Poor little guy. Now I'm off to find egg free breakfast ideas.

Sweet potato hash with sausages/ground sausage/ground meats. Leftover dinner. A bowl of pureed veggie soup with pulled pork. Tomato slices with salt/pepper/EVOO, homemade hashbrowns or breakfast potatoes, and meat of choice. Steak and any of the previous veggie suggestions. Salad with some fruits and shredded chicken. Stop thinking of breakfast as breakfast and it might help you with considering non-traditional (well, non-American-traditional) breakfast foods a good choice for your meal.

Cut out eggs and eczema is all cleared up, which is nice to know what was wrong. In case anyone else has this problem.

HI there,

Could you tell me how long it took for it to clear up?

My 17 month old has an eczema/dermatitis type of thing and when I introduced eggs to her (at around 12 months) she did not react at all and has only recently developed the rash so Im wondering if its a weather thing or a food causing it (like too many eggs as she eats probably 1 a day)

Archived