Beginning my Whole30 on 9/15

Mattever

Hey Matt, I'm starting tomorrow, my third. My first was a 60 day last year, second was 100 back in Jan. I learn something new every time, but I have to say, cravings during the Whole30's weren't a problem, I just said "NO, I am doing a Whole30 and you are not allowed." It's the after, during the reintro phase that things start getting hinky, but I am learning, My first go round, I learned that legumes are like kriptonite and sent me sliding down the slippery slope to disaster, This last time, grains, not sure which were the worst, I trialed gluten ones first, then a few days later, non gluten ones. It started the slide into the not so good land. It's not a crash and burn for me, just a gradual things keep getting worse, the cravings start sneaking in. So, tomorrow begins my next round of Whole30, or more depending on where I am on day 31. My very first I planned it as a Whole30, but on the morning of day 31, I just knew I needed to continue on for 30 more days. I felt I was not ready to start riding my own bike. Just like learning to ride a real bicycle as a kid, I have had some crashes and skinned knees, but, I will get there, just like I did with an actual bike!

Hi Matt! I am starting tomorrow, for my first time, as well. I am excited!

Tonight, I made a slow cooker pork loin to eat over cabbage slaw, that I saw in the Whole 30 Book. It will at least get me through a couple meals. I also went ahead and bought some Lara bars (I typically hate "bars") to be emergency food, in case I get cravings for sweets, or whatever.

I don't know what to expect. I hope it will be, "Oh, I did Whole 30, and it was way easy for me," but I just don't know...I am kinda excited to come up against what I assume will be some addictions to certain foods. Planning on keeping a journal to document what I eat and what I am craving, mood changes, etc.

What are you doing to prepare?

In solidarity,

Trixi

.....I also went ahead and bought some Lara bars (I typically hate "bars") to be emergency food, in case I get cravings for sweets, or whatever....

HI Trixela & Matty (& hello again CQ!!)

Just to say (&CQ will back me up here) that those Larabars are just about the worst thing you could eat if you're craving sweet things - in fact they are approved for emergency use only like you're climbing Everest & a weather front has come in and you've had to set up camp awaiting rescue which might not happen for 8hrs or so kind of emergency  ;) 

If you're having cravings for anything sweet eat some fat - some olives, a spoonful coconut oil, a spOonful of your delicious home made mayo - do NOT eat fruit as this will just continue to feed your Sugar Dragon.

Fat & Protein is the only way to stop the cravings.

Good luck!

Archived