Sunday I will be 65.......

NY2LA2MONTREAL

Sunday, I will be 65 (I cannot believe it) and my husband is taking me out to dinner.  The meal will be compliant....but what about dessert -- I know all about the one (1) bite rule/suggestion.  Dare I indulge?  I just finished day 38 being fully compliant.

The plan is we order 1 dessert and share it 3 ways.  My husband and I will have that one bite maybe 2 and send the rest home with my mother in law.   Then on Monday...back to WHOLE 30.

Any suggestions???

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Now about dessert...are you afraid one bite will kick off a whole slew of bad eating? Or can you imagine yourself having that one bite, enjoying it, and then going back to compliant eating? 

Since it is going to be in a restaurant, and the dessert is not in the house (and nothing like a dessert is in the house - except for fruit which we have as a side dish with a meal) I think I can handle it and probably feel sick from it :D  -- but definitely going back to being WHOLE 30 compliant.  Right now I have meat and chicken defrosting for tomorrow's big cooking day.  I LOVE THE FOOD.

Happy Birthday! After 38 days of compliant whole30 eating I would celebrate and eat the dessert. 65 only comes once. You can go back to healthy eating the next day. You probably won't feel that great after indulging and that alone will inspire you to stick to your commitment for a healthier lifestyle. There is always a price to pay, but sometimes it's just worth it.

Happy Birthday! After 38 days of compliant whole30 eating I would celebrate and eat the dessert. 65 only comes once. You can go back to healthy eating the next day. You probably won't feel that great after indulging and that alone will inspire you to stick to your commitment for a healthier lifestyle. There is always a price to pay, but sometimes it's just worth it.

That;s what I think...thanks. 

Right there behind you...happy birthday and keep taking great care of yourself!!

My 72nd birthday is also tomorrow, so I'm right with you guys! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NYC2LA2Montreal! Since it is Day 30 for me, I'm not even considering dessert but highly recommend what everyone else said for you. My best gift ever is W30 success and good health.

My 72nd birthday is also tomorrow, so I'm right with you guys! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NYC2LA2Montreal! Since it is Day 30 for me, I'm not even considering dessert but highly recommend what everyone else said for you. My best gift ever is W30 success and good health.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT ONE!!!

So we went to a restaurant and we had a compliant meal with my husband, mother in law and stepson. We ordered a slice of oreo cake with four forks. With great trepidation I took a bite and a half, and didn't like it. Sent the leftovers home with my mother in law. I started getting a headache right away and shortly thereafter my stomach reacted -----SO I CAME, I BIT, AND DETERMINED IT WASN'T WORTH IT --- The book WHOLE 30 was the best birthday present-----when I go to the wedding I will make very strategic decisions about the food I will eat.

Great news, birthday woman!!! Sounds like you have turned the corner where your body wisdom joins you in training your brain to stay clean and sober....I am in my 60s also and love the idea of FINALLY getting it right with food.

I am amazed at myself to tell you the truth. Prior to Whole 30, I would have inhaled that piece of cake in a nano-second. But I really didn't enjoy how I immediately felt That is a WOW moment. I am so thrilled with the education this program imparted. My brain is well trained☺

Archived