READY

hcwhole30

I've read the book, browsed the recipes and I've tried to find the "perfect time" in my schedule to start the Whole30. I've realized that there will never be the perfect time. There will always be a birthday party, work meeting with treats, or last minute dinner plans in my schedule. Why I even need to select a specific date to begin feeling better is beyond me, but I'm ready. 

I've had a long, long battle with my body and dieting. I've been 109lbs and 214lbs. I'm currently sitting in the middle of those two numbers but I can feel myself beginning to lose control. I've had a lot of changes in my life over the past 6 months. I've moved, started a new job and my routine that I was so accustomed to has been blown to shreds. Unfortunately, the way I've chosen to deal with these things is by eating. Going out for dinners with friends, or having movie nights with tons of junk food has become comforting to me. I've also gone from exercising 6 times a week to maybe 3 times a week. I genuinely enjoy exercise and am set to run my second half marathon in a couple of weeks, so the lack of exercise is also messing with my mentality. 

In addition, my mood has been down lately, my performance at work is suffering, and my social life has begun to be affected by my choices. I'm realizing that my weight gain/poor relationship with food is really starting to affect my life in a major way. I've gone from a confident person who is motivated to live a healthy lifestyle, to the person filled with excuses and reasons to just "start tomorrow". I need a plan that is not only going to help me take control of my weight, but also assist in repairing my unhealthy relationship with food and my body. After reading the literature and browsing the forums, I really believe the Whole30 is the right choice. 

I'm ready to tackle something. I'm ready to take control. I'm ready to feel better.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared. My brain is currently racking up excuses as to why I should put this off again. Thanksgiving will fall right in the middle of my Whole30. Work is super stressful right now. Will I miss out when my friends are drinking without me? It's crazy what kind of excuses fear will generate. My plan is to take this day by day. I need to do this for myself. 

I'm committing to myself and I'm committing to this program for 30 days. 

I have been where u are. I understand. When I was reading your thoughts I felt like I could have written it myself. Whole30 has helped liberate me from food. I know in the book it says food freedom and when I read it I thought I dont know if I can achieve that. I did achieve it and yes somedays the old habits are gnawing at me like a rabid dog. But I know that I am in control. I completed my first whole30 and felt great, lost weight. I then went back to drinking and eating crap here and there. My face broke out, I was a moody witch and I asked myself why am I doing this? Food is going to control me no longer. I am in control now, not food. I deserve this. I deserve happiness. I deserve to feel good and look good. And u deserve it too. U can do this. Give yourself those 30 days.

Hcwhole30, I take it you are in Canada since you say Thanksgiving will be during your Whole 30. Don't let that be a deterent to starting now. I had a million excuses but as soon as I read the books, I came to this website and found a wonderful bunch of friends and supporters who have been with me every step of the way. The first week is hard and you might wonder if you should go on, but then you'll turn into a fat burning machine and feel better and better and finally the tiger blood kicks in and you wonder what took you so long to get with the program. You will have amazing control over food and drink and not miss the junk. When you go out with friends, get club soda with a lime twist and still have fun.

Please keep posting and we'll be right here to support you in your down times, applaud your success and be your friend.

I've read the book, browsed the recipes and I've tried to find the "perfect time" in my schedule to start the Whole30. I've realized that there will never be the perfect time. There will always be a birthday party, work meeting with treats, or last minute dinner plans in my schedule. Why I even need to select a specific date to begin feeling better is beyond me, but I'm ready. 

I've had a long, long battle with my body and dieting. I've been 109lbs and 214lbs. I'm currently sitting in the middle of those two numbers but I can feel myself beginning to lose control. I've had a lot of changes in my life over the past 6 months. I've moved, started a new job and my routine that I was so accustomed to has been blown to shreds. Unfortunately, the way I've chosen to deal with these things is by eating. Going out for dinners with friends, or having movie nights with tons of junk food has become comforting to me. I've also gone from exercising 6 times a week to maybe 3 times a week. I genuinely enjoy exercise and am set to run my second half marathon in a couple of weeks, so the lack of exercise is also messing with my mentality. 

In addition, my mood has been down lately, my performance at work is suffering, and my social life has begun to be affected by my choices. I'm realizing that my weight gain/poor relationship with food is really starting to affect my life in a major way. I've gone from a confident person who is motivated to live a healthy lifestyle, to the person filled with excuses and reasons to just "start tomorrow". I need a plan that is not only going to help me take control of my weight, but also assist in repairing my unhealthy relationship with food and my body. After reading the literature and browsing the forums, I really believe the Whole30 is the right choice. 

I'm ready to tackle something. I'm ready to take control. I'm ready to feel better.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared. My brain is currently racking up excuses as to why I should put this off again. Thanksgiving will fall right in the middle of my Whole30. Work is super stressful right now. Will I miss out when my friends are drinking without me? It's crazy what kind of excuses fear will generate. My plan is to take this day by day. I need to do this for myself. 

I'm committing to myself and I'm committing to this program for 30 days. 

Hi HC,

Welcome to WHOLE 30.  I just want to say, that most of us have been in your shoes....SO YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

There is nothing to be scared of.  It is a little daunting in the beginning, but once you get your sea legs you will do great. 

FYI, about Thanksgiving...

Years ago I was a vegetarian and was invited over to friends for Thanksgiving.  I would always bring a dish(es) I could share and eat and enjoy myself without discomfort.  Just recently I hosted a totally WHOLE 30 compliant brunch and people loved it.   So, might I suggest you think of a dish you can bring that is compliant to make you feel comfortable..

You CAN eat sweet potatoes and all different kinds of veggies --- or what about making a turkey dish which is compliant.

What you will find, like me, is you can get very creative and creativity makes the cooking fun.

I won't fool you...the first week could be a little overwhelming...but just think of THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD....

You can do it.....my husband and I just finished DAY 44 and we love this program and IT WORKS if you stick to it. 

GOOD LUCK and just know everyone in this forum are here to support you and the MODERATORS know their stuff and can be amazing sources of information.

Post a food log, most of us do/did and it is a great help in keeping us focused.  You can also get meal ideas.

Looking forward to seeing your progress....

Remember "I THINK I CAN...I THINK I CAN.

:D

Archived