Clarified Butter - Need Suggestions

Jacinta

I have a dairy allergy - I am not lactose intolerant.  I have tried the clarified butter and in 20 minutes had a very bad reaction  Olive Oil is fine but I need some other suggestion to "grease" the pan.  Is Becel Olive Oil margarine a "No-N0"?  Appreciate suggestions.  Thanks 

• Moderators

The ingredients in Becel Olive Oil margarine are: Canola 66%, olive oil 8%, water, modified palm and palm kernel oils 6%, salt 1.8%, whey powder 1.4%, soy lecithin 0.2%, vegetable monoglycerides, potassium sorbate, vegetable colour, artificial flavour, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D3, alpha-tocopherol acetate (vitamin E). - See more at: http://www.becel.ca/en/becel/becelproducts/becel-olive-oil.aspx#sthash.rJy8monq.dpuf

The soy lecithin makes it not acceptable on a Whole30, plus the canola is  not an ideal oil to use -- here's what the Can I Have list says about it:

Canola Oil: Yes, reluctantly (because sometimes, you have to dine out)

While we don’t think vegetable oils are a healthy choice (understatement of the century), we don’t expressly rule them out on the Whole30. If we did, you’d never be able to eat outside of your own kitchen, because all restaurants use them in cooking. We wanted to create the healthiest program possible, but we also need it to be do-able for those who travel for business or pleasure, or simply want to dine out during the month.

Tip: Eliminate the consumption of vegetable oils at home, even if you’re not on the Whole30, and make sure the rest of your diet is focused on the most nutritious choices possible, especially if you dine out frequently

Coconut oil, lard or tallow or schmaltz (preferably from grass fed/pastured animals), macadamia nut oil, avocado oil are good options.

Archived