Day 120 - HELP

eliburk

I started in June and pretty much rolled through to now - I haven't reintroduced anything because I'm afraid to. I have had gelato twice and some gluten free pizza but nothing actually reintroduced. I lost almost 30 lbs, my blood pressure is great, and I have felt wonderful. But I am starting to have a lot of cravings and I feel like it is because I am unable to make good choices so I have had to stick to the basics.

I have celiac and am sober. So are there recommendations about a few things that might be the best to add for variety? Quinoa? Oats? I think I can do without soy and most dairy. I would like to stay away from packaged foods but a piece of gluten free toast or a gf bagel ! would be great.

I haven't made any foods with coconut or almond flour though I have a lot of recipes...ANY THOUGHTS??

Thank you,

Elizabeth

• Moderators

You did reintroduce things -- gelato and gluten free pizza. You just didn't do the one thing at a time reintroductions that would give you the most useful data. How did you feel after you had the gelato? How about after the pizza? That could tell you a little bit about your reactions.

The thing is, after 30 days, you can do whatever you want to. If you want a gluten free bagel, have one. Just pay attention to how you feel when you do, and use that information to decide if it's worth it to you to have another one, some time in the future.

Have you read through all the reintroduction and life after your whole30 information on the site? That could help you come up with a plan for what you want your diet to look like in the future. Start here: http://whole30.com/finished/

You can also read through some of the logs in the Your Post-whole30 Log section of the forum for more ideas of what people do.

Archived