Day 2 and no appetite?

BMikah

I've just started my first Whole30. I've been feeling generally crappy for several months now and I fear I've developed some food sensitivities, so I thought this would be great for me. I prepped for about 2 weeks and made some of the sauces and recipes from the book to keep in the fridge for easy weekday eating (and they're delicious!) BUT I'm not really hungry...which is not normal for me. I do feel the Day2 'hangover' creeping on this afternoon (I'm sore and have a slight headache), so I think I'm on track, but the lack of hunger is WEIRD.

I am still eating, but I'm forcing myself. Thoughts??

Dinner last night:

2 cu. spaghetti squash, 1/3 cu. W30 tomato sauce, 4 chicken meatballs, 1 cu. grapes

Breakfast today:

2 eggs cooked with onions and olive oil, 1/4 avocado, 1 banana

Lunch today:

mixed greens with 3/4 chicken breast and balsamic vinagrette, small sweet potato plain

Thanks for any feedback!

• Moderators

Your meals are reasonably well-composed. Keep eating at least the minimum described in the meal planning template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

You cannot trust yourself to eat only when you feel like it near the beginning of a Whole30 because your satiety signals are not reliable until you have "practiced" for a while. Hang in there and things should improve within a few days. 

Archived