Day 28 & I want to quit

sguest

I went off track yesterday and had smoked salmon which was brined with soy and sugar. My planning this week has been awful and I was getting salmon for a treat because my husband has a birthday Monday, and was starving. The power went out at my house before breakfast today so we ate out. Being lazy I did not ask if my eggs were plain and I think they had cream.

I am SO close. I realized a few days ago I had eaten some sugar (bacon) and had lecithin thickener. I weighed. All of this on top of monthly hormones made me feel awful. I believe I could use at least 10 more days, and now I am worried about gaining weight when done. I am down almost 50 lbs this year, about 10 with W30. (I have not weighed and don't until Sunday) .

Thank you for listening!

• Moderators

Asking about how food is prepared and reading every single label is a huge part of Whole30. It is impossible to be successful without doing these things. Going forward, you really need to figure out how you're going to deal with these situations that come up (because there's always going to be some situation that makes Whole30 more difficult, it's just how life works). For the future, you may find this pdf of tips for dining out on Whole30 helpful, and there have been plenty of past discussions on it on the forum.

I'm also going to suggest that you at least read the Do I Have to Start Over? article. No one here can say whether you should or not, but I can tell you that if you were planning on doing reintroductions to determine how different foods affect you, you really need to have 30 days without dairy before you reintroduce it and 30 days without soy before you reintroduce legumes.

Ok. I did read the start over article after I found out that the almond milk had lecithin in it. Yesterday was a willful disobedience, I know. I need to hang out on the forums more because despite being great supports, my family and even my W30 friends doing it together with me have defied some of the hard and fast rules. They seem not to understand why I feel so awful about these transgressions. Their opinions are that nothing is perfect, and if I had results I should not worry about it.

I think I need a few days off. Not completely off track, but I promised my husband a sushi dinner for his birthday. I will re-start again next Friday. I appreciate your help :)

Archived