Macademia on daily basis

Avocado92

The recommendation is not to snack. If you are hungry between meals should eat a mini meal of protien, carb, and fat. So I'd mix the macadamia with some jerkey and olives or a spoonful of coconut oil

I'm trying to come up with ideas for mini meal an which are easy and portable. Deli meat (compliant), olives (one of my favorites), jerky, fruits, vegetables.

Boiled eggs/jerky and that kind of smelly stuff is a bit of a problem because I work with people and it give an... unpleasent breath

There should be a protein in the snack, so try to find something that isnt smelly and suits you. I for instance dont really want to have tuna but lots of people swear by it. For me, i think a "compliant deli meat" would be my best bet. I have to search a bit but I'm sure i can find something. 

I also dont think jerky has much of a smell, i guess it depends on the brand.

• Moderators

i think a "compliant deli meat" would be my best bet. I have to search a bit but I'm sure i can find something. 

Good luck. Compliant deli meat is hard to find, and expensive for what you get.

I dont have much time for lunch on weekdays. Is it good to eat 100g raw macademias on daily basis just to not starve till dinner?

Thanks

So, you're eating macadamia nuts instead of your lunch? That is definitely not okay. If you are eating lunch, work on making it fit the meal template, and having enough that you stay full for 4-5 hours.

I wouldn't depend on salads for this, they're just not that filling unless you're eating a ton of salad. (That doesn't mean never eat salad, but when you're wanting to eat quickly, and you need an amount that will keep you full for hours, they're just not your best bet.) Are you able to sit down and eat at all? Are you needing things that you can keep going back to over and over again because your meals are interrupted? What kind of situation are we talking about here? If you can sit down for a little while, but need to eat quickly, maybe a baked potato or sweet potato, stuffed with ground or shredded meat, topped with mayo or avocado. Add some broccoli slaw or baby spinach or other shredded vegetables to get even more veggies in.

If you are eating a full lunch but need something in addition to that that would be easy to take with you, leftovers are the obvious choice. Stews, which you could keep in a thermos and not need to reheat, might be an option, since they'd have protein and vegetables, and you could easily have some olives with it or add chunks of avocado for fat.

Archived