Magnesium and sleep

brent83

So I'm reading what the whole9 team recommend in regards to magnesium and was curious your guys' personal preferences for magnesium. Do you notice a difference in sleep when taking it? Do you sleep more soundly, feel more rested when waking up? I'm trying to justify using it as I most likely don't get enough magensium in my diet, but unsure if it is just wasting money w/o achieving any noticeble effects. I should not I don't have any issues with falling asleep and staying asleep so wondering if it is really necessary.

thanks

If you aren't having any trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, you may want to skip it. I do fall asleep easier and feel like I sleep more soundly when I take a 200mg magnesium citrate tablet every night.

No harm in trying a bit of each night to see if it changes anything for you-I don't think it's that expensive (at least where I am-)

I find that I get a more restful sleep, can fall back asleep faster if I do wake in the middle of the night (thank you, cats) and wake up refreshed (without an alarm!). I also have found it helps me with my stress levels. It is expensive, so if your sleep is good, then I would spend my money on something else. :)

I used to take Swanson triple magnesium complex, one at bed time. It's good but sometimes made me have loose stool. I recently switched to a topical magnesium oil spray. I spritz some on morning and evening, it's great for foot massage! It's so relaxing without the digestive side effect.

Archived