Started 11-14-15 and no problems so far

sfunk

I started yesterday and I'm using the 30 day menu from www.paleorestart.com - it costs $35. but saved me lots of time researching recipes. The recipes are simple with simple ingredients and so far have been amazing. The only hard part will be working it into my work week...we'll see how it goes. I spent Friday night preparing for the week as best I could. The menu they use is almost too much food. I can't seem to fit all the meals in. 

• Moderators

Hi, sfunk, welcome to Whole30.

I'm not familiar with the website that you mentioned, but keep in mind that Whole30 and paleo are two different (but somewhat similar) things -- depending on whose version of paleo you're following, there may be items that are allowed on it, that are not allowed on Whole30. Be sure you're familiar with the rules, so that if any of the menus on that site are not Whole30 compliant, you can make substitutions.

Should you want more recipes and a different menu, along with some tips on cooking for a whole week at a time, you might check out Mel Joulwan's Well Fed site -- she has a ton of recipes, and four weeks' worth of Whole30 menus put together, the first week is here -- down toward the bottom of it are links to weeks two through four.

As for the amount of food -- many people find that Whole30 encourages them to eat a lot more food than they're used to, especially if they're used to counting calories, carbs, fat grams, or points.

Archived