Anyone else scared about reintroducing??

Lamamama

Today is Day 60 for me. I have stuck to the whole program and love what it's done for me. After 30 days, I lost 13 pounds and 8" from my total body measurements. I decided to do an extra 30 more days since its been so successful. I can't find my measuring tape but I'm now down 20 pounds since Day 1. W30 works!!

I found that I haven't really craved anything but am a bit nervous about Thanksgiving. My husband and son have been on W30 for the most part with several cheat dates here and there. They plan to go crazy on Thanksgiving but I'm not sure what to do for myself.

I've been reading up on reintroduction but find myself scared. I haven't had any sugar in 60 days so I'm very worried about how it'll effect me. Will having some on Thanksgiving cause my sugar dragon to come back and will I lose all control? Will having some cheese or wine cause me to feel super sick? I would love to lose more weight as I'm still very over weight, so do I continue and make it a W90?

Would love to hear from others if they too felt a fear of what's next. I've always been really good when I'm on a plan whether it's W30 or Weight Watchers. It's when I'm not on something that I make all the wrong choices.

• Moderators

It's pretty common to be nervous about reintroducing foods.

Have you read through all the post-Whole30 stuff on the website? Start with the I Finished The Whole30 section (all of the information there is good, but you may find section 4 the most relevant at the moment). One thing you'll find as you read about life after your Whole30 is that the idea is to develop your own plan. That's why reintroductions are important -- so you can see how things affect you, and then decide whether or how to include them going forward. Most people can do well when there's a plan to follow, but you don't want to have to live your life following someone else's rules. You want to really think about what's going to work best for you, and make your own rules. It is hard, and you'll probably have some times along the way where you make decisions that you find are not the best, but that's part of the process. When faced with those decisions again in the future, you have data to use to help you make better decisions.

I think it's normal to be nervous, but remember reintroductions are the most important part of this process to figure out what works and what doesn't. No one should be eating strict Whole30 for the rest of their lives, it just doesn't make sense. I am sitting here right now, finished Whole30 yesterday and today is my dairy reintroduction. I am eating a plain organic yogurt right now. I am scared I am going to be sick but I am trusting the process. I did a previous Whole30 in 2013 and didn't do a reintroduction. I felt great during it but slipped back into old habits without actually learning anything about my body,

Archived