Whole30 log. I can do this!

Heatherina

Wow Heatherina, you are doing awesome. I love all the foods you are making. My food is way more bland and I think I live off of 5 or 6 meal types with little variety...Nicely done! Great you are feeling strong. I hear you on dogs...I have a 100lb lab that likes to wake me up early every day....uggh. LOL

Hi everyone! I missed a couple days of posting here but I kept notes on what I ate on my computer as always, so I can update now! Today is the beginning of Day 11 for me. Still feeling great! Also, fitting into a smaller pants size. Tried on a bunch of clothes in my closet that haven't fit me for a while, and I can wear them again! HOLLA! ;)

Ok, so, here's what I ate on Days 9 and 10:

Day 9 (Tuesday): as you can see, this day's meal schedules were kind of messed up. Put off eating breakfast for too long (lack of planning!) so ended up eating a late breakfast and early dinner. Didn't feel horrible for it (no sugar crashes making me hangry, and I didn't go offroading from the plan, so that's good!) but 3 squares is definitely better for me.

Brunch: Carne adovada, scrambled eggs, 1/2 an avocado, banana

Dinner: chicken breasts, roasted broccoli, roasted sweet potato (coconut oil, used with all those things, was the fat)

Day 10 (Wednesday) - back on track!

Breakfast: leftover chicken & broccoli from dinner

Lunch: Roast turkey breast, guacamole, carrots, almonds

Dinner: vegetable curry (sweet potato, cauliflower, tomatoes, spinach, onions, garlic, coconut milk, spices), garlic shrimp. The curry was really good, and easy. I want to try it in a slow cooker sometime - seems like it could work! Glad I made enough for leftovers.

Wow, I'm finding it much easier to keep to this program than I find it to post here in the forums lately! That's good though - life is busy in a good way, and the Whole30 style of eating does not feel like a burden. I have been keeping track of everything I eat so I can post the backlog here. :)

As for how it's going - really, really well. Cooking 3 meals a day is a bit of a drag (I love to cook, but I mean, that's a lot of time/dishes) but the meals are satisfying and I'm starting to plan ahead and make leftovers which is helpful for me. I'm also settling into a groove with repeating certain meals which is good for me in terms of long-term maintenance.

This morning, without thinking, I got on the scale - I completely forgot that we aren't supposed to do that! BUT, I've lost 7.5 pounds (I'm on Day 16 now), so, I mean, holy shit that's awesome.

Something I'm thinking about: my birthday is coming up, and I just realized that I will be doing this program over the date. I'm considering making an executive decision to find a cake recipe that is compliant as possible. I can skip the champagne and beer and pizza or whatever (really never thought I would say I can skip pizza and beer!), but baking my birthday cake is an activity I really enjoy every year. Then again, I don't really want a whole cake's worth of leftovers in the house as I finish up the month. I'm torn!

So, ok, those are all my rambles! Here are my meals for the past few days.

Day 15 (yesterday):

Breakfast: sausage, scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes

Lunch: roast turkey breast, guacamole, carrots, almonds

Dinner: grass-fed beef sliders, sweet potatoes, kale

Day 14:

Breakfast: pork/turkey green chile sausage, scrambled eggs with spinach, tomatoes

Lunch: roast turkey breast, guacamole, carrots, macadamia nuts

Dinner: chicken breasts (chile/lime), kale, sweet potatoes

Day 13:

Breakfast: carne adovada, scrambled eggs, lettuce, tomato

Lunch: salad with lettuce, grilled chicken, grilled peppers/onions, guacamole

Dinner: scrambled eggs & prosciutto, roasted brussels sprouts & sweet potato

Day 12:

Breakfast: Hardboiled eggs, macadamia nuts

Lunch: roast turkey breasts, carrots, macadamia nuts

Dinner: leftover slow-cooked pork, leftover curry with sweet potato added

Day 11:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, spinach, and tomato with guacamole

Lunch: roasted turkey breast, guacamole, carrots, mango

Dinner: pork butt in the slow cooker. carnitas-style. sautéed bell pepper & onions, guacamole, tomatoes, spinach

It's the morning of Day 17, and I feel terrific. I've hit the point where I feel like I'm in a flow, and this all feels really sustainable and good. YAY. I really can't believe how un-snacky I've become. I used to basically snack my way through the day until dinner.

Yesterday's Day 16 Meals:

Breakfast: chorizo, scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes

Lunch: roast turkey breast, avocado, carrots, red bell pepper, almonds

Dinner: pork chops, broccoli, acorn squash

Today is Day 18. I continue to feel great! Sleeping well, and my skin is reason enough to keep going. I've always had very dry skin, with occasional hormonal breakouts around my chin. Ever since an initial breakout in the first few days of this program (which cleared up quickly), my skin has been clear, and best of all - not overly dry and sensitive! I'm sure all the healthy fats are helping with that. This morning I was putting on my makeup before going off to work, and realized that I hadn't had to cover anything up or deal with dry patches in a while.

Today I'm wearing jeans that haven't fit me in - I dunno. Years? I'm honestly not sure how long I've been holding on to them. But they fit now - no muffintop, even! ;)

Day 17 meals:

Breakfast: eggs scrambled with spinach, tomatoes, olive oil

Lunch: leftover pork chops (just a little, not enough for a whole portion), roast turkey breast, olives, carrots, almonds, banana

Dinner: ground turkey sautéed with a little coconut oil & curry powder, crock pot vegetable coconut curry (cauliflower, red bell pepper, onions, garlic, peas, coconut milk, sweet potato, spices)

Archived