Nut and egg free breakfast ideas

jregovic

I am trying to convince my wife to try Whole30 with me in January, but I have a small problem.

She doesn't like eggs or nuts, so I am trying to find some good options for breakfast that will satisfy her.

Fruit and veg aren't a problem, but I need some ideas for quality proteins that I can make for breakfast in order to help keep her on track.

Blended soups with chicken drumsticks or meatballs on the side is a popular option, or hamburger patties with avocado & veg.... Today I had a curried seafood chowder (I make it thick enough to stand a spoon up in to ensure I get enough protein in each serving - sub coconut cream for fresh cream & that's your fat source sorted), and for me any kind of curry works if I'm honest.

In fact the best approach for your wife (and anyone embarking on a Whole30) to take is to stop thinking in terms of breakfast, lunch & dinner, and start thinking in terms of meals one, two & three - that way anything you eat at meal two or three will also work for meal one.

Leftovers from dinner! This was extremely unappealing for me at first. I loved breakfast and breakfast foods: toast, cereal, bacon and eggs, etc. I didn't have an appetite for veggies and meat/poultry, but I chose my absolute favourite dinners and tried having the leftovers for breakfast. After a few days I started to crave veggies and protein in the morning! Our tastes and food preferences can change, especially when we start to notice benefits in terms of digestion, energy and mental clarity. 

Archived