no poops!!!!

this is my first topic here and it's about poop :-)

I'm on day 46 of doing the whole30 and I am still finding I'm not pooping very much. it's typically every 3-4 days and I am really wishing it was every day. I try to follow the meal template as much as possible and am eating plenty of fat, drinking lots of water, taking 2 magnesium pills a day, etc. I have written down everything I've eaten every single day since I started so I can post that if need be. thanks!!!

How different is this frequency from how often you had bowel movements pre-Whole30?

How much water are you drinking daily?

If you can post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including portion sizes, folks here can see if something stands out.

How different is this frequency from how often you had bowel movements pre-Whole30?

How much water are you drinking daily?

If you can post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including portion sizes, folks here can see if something stands out.

I attached a photo of my food log so far. as far as portion sizes go, meat is standard palm size portions and I fill my plate up with veggies. water is hard to really know. I carry a 500ml water bottle with me everywhere and fill it multiple times a day. probably 5-7 times a day I refill it.

I never had poops every single day before whole30, but my poops definitely decreased when starting whole30. before whole30 it was about every other day or so.

It's hard to tell portion sizes from what you listed, especially when the item is vegetables or soup.

Things that popped out to me that can cause digestive distress for some are raw veggies and cruciferous veggies. Also, some meals were missing fat.

I'd start with dropping the cruciferous veggies and switching to all cooked veggies. Be sure you're drinking at least 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily.

Further, some days it looks like you're only having two meals and a snack. For best results, have meals of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and a fat three times a day.

Try magnesium supplements. I know, in theory, food should take care of everything, but I've found they have regulated my once sluggish GI system.

I take Solgar's magnesium citrate 200mg capsules once a day with dinner, but I'm sure any brand would be fine. I now go just about every morning and at least every other day.

Archived