KatsWhole30Journey

Katlewis

Ate an egg and fruit for breakfast. The hardest part will be black coffee. But I got this awesome text from my husband, who is doing this with me, "Black coffee sucks. But I love it cause we are on a quest." It helps I have him doing it with me. Spent 4 hours shopping and prepping (and being a mom referee!).

Hey there

Have you seen our recommended meal template?

Your breakfast was not nearly big enough to keep you full for 4-5hrs.

Bear in mind that when eggs are your only source of protein that you should be eating the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand, which is 3-4 for most females.

We'd also recommend eating 1-3 cups of veg with every meal, with 3 being optimum, and would suggest that you don't let fruit push the vegetables off of your plate. Fill up on veg first, and if you still have room then have the fruit.

And don't forget the fat - fat truly is your friend here....  ;) 

Great that you have company on your quest!!

Funny. This is why I never post things. Instead of a "you can do this!" I get a "you're doing it wrong." Thanks for reminding me why I don't post. I'm a registered dietitian (look me up on LinkedIn), and I wanted to try this so that I might recommend it as many people are looking for support during a lifestyle change. If this is a competition or an "I-know-more-than-you-do-about-food" this product won't last.

Funny. This is why I never post things. Instead of a "you can do this!" I get a "you're doing it wrong." Thanks for reminding me why I don't post. I'm a registered dietitian (look me up on LinkedIn), and I wanted to try this so that I might recommend it as many people are looking for support during a lifestyle change. If this is a competition or an "I-know-more-than-you-do-about-food" this product won't last.

I'm sorry you feel that way - that was not the intention at all - it was more of a nudge in the right direction. 

It's commonplace for the moderators to check out how people are doing in the first few days to ensure they're on the right track otherwise it can all very quickly go a bit pear shaped, the most common problem being not eating enough.

Following the Whole30 recommendations as well as the rules will get you the absolute best results, and that's what we're here for - to help you get the absolute best results from your 30 days & beyond.

I hope you continue to post

Archived