CB's log

Cbg84

Slept great from about midnight until 740 when I woke up to pee. Then snoozed until a few minutes before my alarm at 840. Currently enjoying a really yummy breakfast.

Day 23 M1 9:00

*leftover dijon pork tenderloin (tasted even better today)

*couple handfuls spinach

*big bowl cauliflower soup

*1/4 avacado

Yum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lunch was terribly slow so I was cut before 2. I still ate lunch in the car while running errands.

Day 23 M2 2:00

*3 "balls of fire" (pork, pineapple, coconut - didn't like them when I made them but pulled from freezer for lunch and I enjoyed them today)

*about 1 cup raw baby carrots

*about 1/2 cup leftover teeny tiny potatoes

*2oz mayo for dipping

So I almost totally lost it last night. I know last time I did a whole 30 I was worried about handling my period without alcohol and beer chips, but had no trouble. I was hoping for the same thing this time. I have been having some lower back pain, but yesterday was going fine. Then I was trying to make dinner and got my schedule from work (so frustrating every time) and I seriously almost syarted starting crying in the middle of the kitchen. Even right now I realize how silly it was. I don't even know what I was thinking but I was really debating taking chars bottle of wine and downing the whole thing while laying on the kitchen floor. Char gave me a hug, offered to make me tea, and ended up cutting my potatoes for dinner. I knew from the forums that you should have fat when you are having a craving so even though I didn't feel hungry I grabbed the jar of olives and ate about 8. I felt better almost immediately. Then dinner was awesome so that definitely helped.

Day 23 M3 8:00

*about 8 olives (eaten 715 to calm me)

*2 big chicken legs with a few other pieces of dark meat, dipped in its own juices

*big serving mashed Japanese sweet potatoes with ghee and coconut milk (yea I wanted to stuff my face in the whole bowl)

*about 1/3 pound well fed coconut almond green beans (sooooo glad I tried these I need to do again soon)

Then I drank a cup of tea and went to bed early. I feel better today but am still a little nervous about the next few days.

Ok so I posted yesterday but didn't put in any of me meals. Here goes

Day 24 M1 8:15

*2 eggs scrambled with a handful spinach and about 4 bites leftover chili

*handful carrots

*half a blueberry chicken "muffin"

*couple bites leftover frozen veggies

I was hungry but had trouble getting this down. Had more muffin and veggies on my plate but just couldn't do it. After getting my nails done I was going to gorder to luckys but I knew I couldn't go without eating and risk getting hungry.

M2 12:30

*maybe a little less than palm size serving leftover chicken

*1/2 cup of leftover coconut almond green beans

*1 cup mashed Japanese sweet potatoes

I bought lots of stuff in Luckys including one of their fancy infused waters with mint and pineapple. The pineapple was almost too sweet. I wished I had gotten the strawberry basil but at $2 I can make my own. Then I did some cooking and at 4:30 I was feeling hungry.

Day 24 M3 4:30

*bowl of zucchini ginger soup (This time I halved the amount of ginger and pepper and the spice level seemed good. I also did add a couple pieces of broccoli despite Mel saying just zucchini is best bc I had lots and was light on zucchini.)

*chicken salad with chicken pulled from whole chicken with apple, pecans, celery & mayo

Day 24 M4 9:00

*small mug cauliflower soup

*serving leftover dijon pork tenderloin

*about 2 cups roasted broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower

*blob of mayo

My meals were not all perfectly to template, but im proud that I made it through without even thinking about wine or chips or chocolate.

Today is Thursday day 25. It's going so quickly! I slept about 8.5 hours last night but I woke up a lot. Went back to sleep easily, but didn't feel rested at all. I have very little energy today, and fairly bad cramps (though no bleeding yet). I almost feel slightly nauseous. Hoping to feel better tomorrow. I know that sticking to the meal plan is going to help and hopefully in the next few months I'll be having no trouble whatsoever.

I didn't feel hungry at all this morning which is not like me. But I made my meal and ate it all and enjoyed it. Are my hormones still just all out of whack? Probably.

Day 25 M1 9:30

*2 Well Fed spinach/meat muffins

*about 1 cup butternut squash/cauliflower

*2 giant spoonfuls mayo

Lunch was decent, and though I should have stayed for casey I just wanted to eat my lunch and lay down.

M2 2:45

*chicken salad (same as yesterday)

*1/2 raw orange pepper dipped in a heap of babaganoush

*almost 2 cups roasted beets (salt, cumin, cinnamon very light drizzle avacado oil yum)

Day 25 M3 7:30

*1.5 cups zucchini soup

*little over 1 cup roasted okra

*salad of 15 cherry tomatoes, hearts of palm, 1/4 avacado very light drizzle olive oil (I love this salad)

*6oz langostino tails dipped in 2 big spoons melted ghee

I had seen the lobster at TJ's and finally decided to try it. Kinda pricey, but simple and tasty. I probably didn't need as much as I made, but it looked so small before it thawed.

Ate the soup as I was roasting the okra. My hunger cues are subtle, but I don't like cooking when even the slightest bit hungry. Even though what I did tonight barely counts as cooking. I still get some like anxiety when trying a new recipe or trying not to over/under cook meat. I know I have come a long way though. Even matt made that exact comment a few days ago. Im not sure why I get stressed - I haven't had any real fails (knock on wood) and matt and I will be nice and eat something if it's messed up anyway (or matt will help find a way to salvage it.)

I think my nose might be starting to clear up finally. I can currently breath from both sides. On Tuesday and Wednesday mornings I also noticed that I could smell chars perfume from my bedroom even when I was half asleep. My first thought was maybe it was a heightened sense of smell, but I think I've finally gotten rid of most of that gunk. Now if I could just get my head to totally clear up I think I'd eat this way forever.

Still not sure what we are doing for mels birthday next weekend, or how I'm going to handle it. But alyssa advised me not to make any decisions while I have my period, and also that I shouldn't care what mel thinks. If I want to drink for her bday do it, but if I don't, don't let her childishness make me feel like I have to participate just because it's her birthday. Whole30 is about changing unhealthy relationships right? Yea my sisters were both pretty wise and awesome this week :)

Went to sleep a little before midnight. Woke up to pee at 4:50. Went back to sleep easily but woke up a few other times before I was awoken to my alarm at 9:20. Blah I like waking up before it. I didn't feel hungry but I got some soup at 9:30 and got hungry while eating it. So then I got the rest together and ate it at 10.

Day 26 M1

*1 cup zucchini soup

*last 4 pieces dijon pork tenderloin

*half cup butternut squash

*big bed spinach

*1/2 avacado

I pulled out my veggies at 2:45 but didn't finish eating until I got to gf around 5

Day 26 M2

*2 Well Fed spinach meat muffins (turkey)

*1/4 raw orange pepper

*2 big spoons babaganoush

*1 cup beets

*1.5 cups zucchini soup

*mayo for dipping muffins

M3 10:30

*salad of 10 cherry tomatoes with half an avacado

*big serving well fed eggplant strata over big plate of spinach

Slept really well. Went to sleep around 1230, woke up to pee at 715 thenot weMt right back to sleep until bailey insisted we wake up at 9:20. Breakfast was really good - glad I made enough for tomorrow.

Day 27 M1 10:10

*1 cup zucchini soup

*2.5 luckys spinach and garlic chicken sausages cooked in ghee with 1/4 onion and a handful of spinach

*3/4 cup spaghetti squash

*1/4 avacado

Forgot to write that I had a messed up dream last night. I realized that I had had gatorade at one point in this journey. I don't even remember drinking it I just saw that I had it and then was freaking out about what day it was and what is in gatorade. Obviously it's not compliant, but I was searching the house to see if we still had the empty bottle somewhere for me to check the ingredients. Soo random I couldn't even tell you the last time I had gatorade or really even thought about it. If I was to drink something off plan it definitely would have been wine. But I remember last time dreaming about a twinkie and yuck! so I'm not too surprised.

Since I have to manage at Kriegers next week, I was feeling a little stressed about what I was going to wear. I was honestly just thinking of going to Walmart and buying a new pair of stupid black pants probably in a size 14. But then I found a size 10 at home (that didn't even begin to zip when I tried them on in December) and they fit! OK they are slightly snug but they fit and so do a pair of jeans from kohls. So that just made me feel all warm and happy and better about myself. I know it's not much, but it's a start and it's enough to keep me motivated.

It's a beautiful day (60s in January - crazy) so bailey and I went for a long walk. I was hoping to make it and hour but would have been happy with 30. We made it 45 min. She wanted to go back many times but I pulled her along. I'm still not sure if walking warrants pre and post workout meals, but I hadn't had lunch yet and I don't think it can hurt so I tried.

Day 27 Pre WO 2:45

*1 hard boiled egg plus 1 yolk of hard boiled egg with a small smear of mayo

Approximately 45 min walk

Post WO 3:40

*2.5 oz Gerber butternut squash (blah)

*white from hard boiled egg

It's almost 4 and food doesn't sound good, but I probably am hungry and need to be at work by 5 so lunch will be soon here and it will be

Day 27 M2

*large serving well fed eggplant strata over 2 handfuls spinach

*small handful olives

I should note that the strata is very tasty. I used a combination of turkey and grass fed beef. The seasoning is the best part and I think it would be a bit better (and have more fat to it) if I used pork. I'll definitely try it again.

Ate lunch at 4:20 and I guess it wasn't enough. Busy making salads at gf I started feeling like my head was spinning a bit. Maybe I needed a bigger piece of strata, or probably a hearty veggie and more than 6 olives on the side. I was more active than I thought. I didn't feel hungry but I knew I needed to do something to get through the night. At 8 I grabbed a piece of plain broiled chicken breast and 2 olives and was able to get through till I left a little after 9. Came home and felt ravenous.

M3 10:00

*1.5 cups zucchini soup

*1.5 cups roasted beets

*1/3 pound well fed pb&j burger (loved the strawberry part but not the almond butter)

Also had some pretty bad cramps this evening. Took half of one of my prescription aleve (I know I should be drinking more bone broth). Still never had any bleeding just bad cramps. Weird. I'm exhausted. Tomorrow is another day.

Slept from 1230 to about 9. I woke up a few times but I realized that I am sleeping deeper. When I do wake up, it's to stumble to the bathroom, or because matt or bailey are moving and I move and go back to sleep. I haven't even bothered to turn on the TV in the middle of the night once.

Day 28 M1 9:45

*small mug bone broth

*3/4 cup spaghetti squash

*about 2 spinach & garlic chicken sausages sautéed in ghee with onions and spinach

*1/2 cup okra

*1 scrambled egg

*1/4 avacado

Also to note, I poured my usual 8 oz coffee after breakfast yesterday and only drank half. I just didn't want the rest and I still had a productive day. Today I only poured about 6 oz and I'll see how that goes.

Also, my legs, butt and back are kinda hurting today. My back needs to stop now, but my legs feel good since I know it's from my walk yesterday. I need to keep that up!

6 oz coffee was plenty but I am feeling tired today. I don't like sundays now that I have to work on monday. It stresses me a little to have to think about what I'm going to eat all week and are my clothes clean and all that jazz. I know that's silly and I should just enjoy my time and not get too stressed. Nothing is too pressing and if I don't have anything planned I can always grab a can of tuna and a bag of baby carrots. This isn't stressful unless I make it be.

Had some cramps after being with matt this afternoon and really wanted a glass of wine. But I had some kombucha and focused on getting lunch together and the craving has definitely passed, I think the pain maybe too.

It's a beautiful day again so matt decided to fire up the grill. Of course the minute he got the meat on, his phone rang and he had to go pay and let out the hood guys which left me to man the grill. It wasn't as scary as I expected and lunch turned out sooooo good.

Day 28 M2 2:45

*2 cups broccoli sautéed in garlic and bone broth

*1 small chicken thigh

*3 pickle spears

*1/3 pound grass fed beef burger wrapped in iceberg leaf with tomato, red onion, and spicy brown mustard

*big spoon of mayo for dipping

5:00 feeling light headed again. Little bit of diarrhea. Was cooking and just had to lay down. I don't like this at all. I ate plenty for lunch, have been on top of my water, and obviously I use salt. Maybe I'm coming down with something??

Took a nap for almost 2 hours and was freezing. I had 3 blankets on plus pants and no fan and could not warm up! I really thought lunch was huge. When I got up at 7 ish of poured a big bowl about 2 cups of cream of mushroom soup (onion, baby bellas, bone broth, coconut milk, salt, pepper, thyme) which I will definitely make again. I really am loving soups! I made sure to add plenty of salt and drank a big glass of water. I started feeling better shortly after.

Matt helped me make some food for the next few days. I'm so glad his parents are back. Mauricio is going on vacation next so he and I will both be taking a few shifts at Kriegers, but at least he will get Wednesday night off. Him having a little more time will definitely be a help to me. Not just with the cooking, but seeing him outside of work more often, and seeing him in a better mood with less stress and exhaustion in his life will be nice. I don't think I have admitted how much I take on his stress, but of course I do. Anyway for dinner we had

Day 28 M3 9:00

*4 big medallions dijon pork tenderloin with sauce made of onions, garlic, dijon, tomato paste, and broth

*1.5 cups butternut squash

*1/4 avacado

I know that I probably should have hadone another veggie with this, but I was still feeling full from the soup and wasn't sure if food even sounded good. I felt full when I finished, and I was in a great mood after eating. Tomorrow I'll be sure to eat large meals, with plenty of veggies salt as much as I want, and get my water in early in the day. I know sometimes I tend to chug it all later in the day and am probably a little thirsty in the mornings. Just something to work on :)

Didn't want to get up today despite sleeping fine from 12 until 9 (I was dozing and kept changing my alarm). Thus I was rushed and I know I didn't eat a big enough breakfast. Ate my soup at home (915ish) while getting together and the rest at work 1015ish. It was tasty but it's hard to eat while setting up. I know better than this!

Day 29 M1

*1.5 cups zucchini soup

*ribeye steak with onions, broccoli, spaghetti squash and avacado (not sure of portion because I didn't eat it all)

Work was terribly slow so I took the cut and came home to enjoy lunch. It was big and delicious.

Day 29 M2 2:30

*2 cups cream of mushroom soup

*2 Well Fed spinach & meat muffins (turkey)

*1 cup raw radish

*about 3 oz mayo for dipping

Day 29 M3 8:00

*salad of cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avacado, hearts of palm, drizzle of olive oil

*1/2 pan roasted okra

*big serving well fed eggplant strata

I've been eating so well I dont want to stop. I'm in the swing of this whole cooking thing. But I do miss wine, I'd like to let matt take me out, or even just eat at gf without questioning every little thing. Plus I'm tired of making sure there is constantly enough veggies in the house.

But I know that I have more healing to do. I know that this is what is good for me for so many reasons. Last time I ended my 30 days and went back to old habits, and felt guilty when I ate non compliant items. (I did keep up with some of my cooking, eating a great breakfast, and never buying anything with carageenan.) This time however, I am NOT letting that happen. It's not necessarily about what I should and shouldn't eat, it's about me feeling amazing and being the best possible me. Why would I ever want pizza and ice cream when I can have endless energy and self esteem?!! I'm just feeling ready to get back in the gym too and I'm excited for that!

Just had to comment I'm drying my hair for the first time since Umm new years eve and my hair is sooooo soft. Maybe because I haven't really done it in so long, but I'm betting te extra veggies and healthy fats have helped it too! Pretty nice NSV

Archived