Starting on Jan. 18

Audabee

I am 54 years old. I have 3 grown children and one beautiful 2 year old granddaughter.

I have had a pretty crazy year health wise. Some really great and some downright awful and scary. It started with a supposedly simple sinus surgery that went completely sideways with life threatening complications. I almost lost the vision in my left eye and I ended up in Vancouver having emergency surgery to have a hole in my frontal sinus repaired. Thus began my year of trying to reclaim my health and regain my equilibrium. My world was shaken.

I was off work for 12 weeks. I was unable to do anything for several weeks, not even go for walks. As a result I gained weight and became somewhat depressed. Once I was able to start going for walks I decided to take control of my health and changed my eating habits. I was able to lose 32 pounds over the course of a year. Although I have managed to keep most of it off, I feel like I need to reboot and regain control of my eating.

I have several friends who are currently doing the Whole 30 program and are singing its praises. I bought the book, It Starts With Food, on iTunes and plan on starting the program on Jan. 18. The reason for that date is that my husband is taking me on a weekend getaway for my birthday next weekend. Did I mention that my sinus surgery was on my birthday in 2015? He decided I needed to have a really great birthday this year since last year's was so awful.

Anyway, that's my background. Nice to be part of a great forum.

Audrey

Happy Birthday Audrey! :)

I totally agree with your hubby, you deserve a good birthday this year.

I have sinus problems myself and have had surgery (although nothing as bad as yours you poor thing) and I've found Whole30 to be life changing :)

I hope you enjoy the same sinus benefits I've had.

I'm looking forward to to starting the program tomorrow. My husband and I are going shopping this morning to get organized. I will spend a good portion of the afternoon prepping things for the coming week so I will be able to stay on track. I know my husband will be right beside me the whole way so I am feeling really good about this.

I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you other Jan. 18 starters! Best wishes for a successful run at this!

Audrey

Archived