Yea for Day 7

dave_terrie_peets

Feeling really good.  Challenge is to find recipes for lunch time.  I know that I can have leftovers, but I like to save them for the next night's dinner.  Cravings have been handled by a small hand of almonds and some organic raisins.  Cravings have actually diminished by today.  Love the coconut water as a refreshing drink.

I too save leftovers for dinner. For lunch I've been having spinach topped with wild canned salmon with mayo and dill pickles with a side of roasted veg. Tomorrow I'm having sliced turkey, guacamole, bell pepper with a side of roasted squash and broccoli. I bring my food to work and heat some of it up. Last week I roasted chicken specifically for lunch then added different veg. I made a big batch of ground meat another week. I always have canned salmon and sliced turkey on hand.

Day 7 here too, go us!  Lunch hasn't been too bad for me but I'm having trouble with breakfasts!  I've always done pretty healthy breakfasts but I'm having trouble with variety since my rotation used to include steel cut oats and banana/egg/coconut-or-oat flour pancakes and those are both out of the line up so it's been eggs with lots of veggies and a little fruit.  BUT, my cravings too have been way down today too and it suddenly today seems much easier to just stop eating when I'm full, like I'm getting the satiety signal more quickly.  My worst craving times are between breakfast and lunch and right after dinner and I only had a little bit of a flicker after dinner tonight that was easily distracted.   Big breakthrough for me since I'm historically not good at listening to my body at mealtimes and if that's the only benefit I get from this journey, it will be worth it (though I'm already seeing more than that!).

• Moderators

Day 7 here too, go us!  Lunch hasn't been too bad for me but I'm having trouble with breakfasts!  I've always done pretty healthy breakfasts but I'm having trouble with variety since my rotation used to include steel cut oats and banana/egg/coconut-or-oat flour pancakes and those are both out of the line up so it's been eggs with lots of veggies and a little fruit.  BUT, my cravings too have been way down today too and it suddenly today seems much easier to just stop eating when I'm full, like I'm getting the satiety signal more quickly.  My worst craving times are between breakfast and lunch and right after dinner and I only had a little bit of a flicker after dinner tonight that was easily distracted.   Big breakthrough for me since I'm historically not good at listening to my body at mealtimes and if that's the only benefit I get from this journey, it will be worth it (though I'm already seeing more than that!).

Try to start thinking in terms of Meal 1, Meal 2, and Meal 3, not breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Anything you can have at one meal, you could have at any other meal. Here's a previous discussion of things people have actually eaten for breakfast that were not eggs.

Archived