Help..... Day 7 of whole 30/ first week of marathon training

Di_ruiz

Have just started 'official' training for the Big Sur marathon. 4/24 This is not my first marathon & this is my second whole 30. Did a 10 mile long run today & it was not pretty. I finished it but felt like it defeated me. And actually feel like crap now. Headache/tummy unsettled..... Wondering if maybe my timing for this whole 30 was not a good idea?? Any thoughts?

Actually it is the norm to have a dip in running energy when starting a whole30. It passes once your body adapts. Keep an eye on what you eat and when to identify what does and doesn't work as the month progresses. You'll learn a lot about fueling! And likely surprise yourself.

• 1 month later...

Ugh, ran an ugly 8.5 with rolling hills that previously was an enjoyable run. Day 6 for me. HB egg pre WO, sweet potato and 2.5 oz chicken breast immediately after. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll drink coconut water after my 8 mile run tomorrow.

I have a half marathon on 4/24 (which will be easy/fun run with my running partner), and another on 5/1.

Archived