Chez Julie Whole30 Round 3 Log - 1/18/16

chezjulie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 15

I didn't log for a few days but I didn't go totally off the rails... just didn't feel like posting.

Meal 1   2 hot dogs, pumpkin, sauerkraut, small serving of fruit, coffee w/coconut milk

I can tell that my body is changing a bit already.

DAY 15, ctd.

Meal 2   salmon fillet (small), greens, snow peas, carrots, artichoke hearts, pumpkin seeds, oil & vinegar, Larabar

Meal 3   meatballs, peppers, kale chips, mixed fruit

For lunch, I went to a place called Salata that just opened near me. It's like a Chipotle for salads - you go through a line, and they add all your selections to a metal mixing bowl. I chose the salmon for my protein because it was the only one where I could tell that it had compliant ingredients. That salmon was about 1/2 the size of what I would have for a Whole30 meal. The salad was yummy but not fully satisfying hence the Larabar.

DAY 18

Meal 1   3 crispy eggs in coconut oil, sweet potato, balsamic vinegar, a little ghee, coffee w/coconut milk

Meal 2   tilapia fillet, spring mix, mushrooms, avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

So... I had a meltdown Tuesday night (unrelated to Whole30) and decided to give myself 24 hours off the Whole30. I know that's not really how it works, with trying to reset your hormones and all, but I think it was an okay decision for me. I didn't go nuts and EAT ALL THE THINGS, but it did allow me to satisfy a craving in a comforting way and have one less thing to stress out about. And now I'm back on plan.

Still working on perfecting my crispy eggs per Nom Nom Paleo... they're so good this way. 

Happy paleo/Whole30/healthy day to all!  :P

DAY 19, ctd.

Meal 3   Acapulco omelette (3 eggs, beef, onions, chives, mushrooms), potatoes w/green peppers, melon slices, Kombucha

DAY 20

Meal 1   banana, hearty serving of almond butter, coffee w/coconut milk

Meal 2   ground beef in pasta sauce, sweet potato w/ghee, sauerkraut, Kombucha

After lecturing Britt about her breakfast, I've been doing the same thing! I need to find something more appealing than eggs or ground beef for breakfast... I'm going to investigate turkey breast.

DAY 20, ctd.

Snack 1   some buttered popcorn

Meal 3     chicken & beef fajita meat, green salad, avocado, vinaigrette dressing

Buttered popcorn is on the program, right?  :unsure: Okay, I know it's not! Hubby and I went to see The Big Short at the movies yesterday, and I cheated by sharing some popcorn with him. I feel okay about it. (Also, The Big Short was very good).

DAY 21, ctd.

Meal 3   ground beef in pasta sauce, large sweet potato, grapes, Kombucha

When I was buying my bottle of Kombucha at the grocery, I told the checker "Be careful because this will explode if you shake it." I think I freaked her out! I quickly explained that what I meant was that it would go everywhere when I opened it later. Sorry, checker!  :(

DAY 22

Meal 1   1 1/2 turkey burgers, shaved brussels sprouts in (a little too much) coconut oil, coffee w/coconut milk

Meal 2   tuna fish, baby spinach, mushrooms, avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

This was a good breakfast. I just melted some coconut oil in a frying pan and tossed in two turkey burger patties and half a bag of shaved brussels sprouts from Target. Not processed but quick and tasty. I overdid it on the coconut oil though!

Meal 3   1 1/2 hamburgers, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, fries, Larabar

I was running around a lot today so didn't have the most balanced meals. I had fries with dinner because I hadn't had a starchy veg yet today, and that seemed like  my best bet.

DAY 29, SORT OF

I slowly went off the rails over the last 5 days... I went to a Mediterranean restaurant and couldn't resist their amazing bread, I had a few pieces of candy. It culminated in my making myself absolutely sick yesterday by inhaling a large chocolate bar that I had gotten as a gift through work.

I'm trying to get back on track today, meal by meal, and may extend through the weekend to somewhat make up for these past few days.

Meal 1   1 1/2 hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, sauerkraut, large sweet potato w/ghee & pps, coffee w/coconut milk

DAY 30, KINDA

So my Day 30 would have been yesterday, although I kind of flamed out over the past week. Actually "flamed out" is an exaggeration, but I definitely had chocolate, a piece of bread, or a little dairy each day.

I saw my therapist yesterday and she said that I seem happier when I'm on the Whole30.  :) That was a nice bit of reassurance. I do think it helps me to feel more in control, and I know that I'm making healthier choices.

I've got a wedding coming up next weekend at which I will definitely indulge in champagne and cake. After that, i will start tracking again in the Your Post-Whole30 Log forum. 

The link is: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/28157-chez-julie-post-whole30-log/page-11?hl=chezjulie

Please follow me! I love the support.

Archived