Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so excite for all of your results!  I'm down 8.5 lbs!  (my goal was 10 so I'm almost there!)

I forgot to thaw the creamers out last nite so I'm still drinking black coffee and I really don't even mind!

This is my W30 reward (besides the obvious health benefits!)

We are going on a river cruise in Amsterdam April 8th. There is free flowing yummy wines on the cruise from the areas that we will be visiting and I plan to enjoy those with my husband! The food is absolutely fabulous as well!  I plan to only introduce a few things until then. 

I just feel and like myself so much better at this weight!

I've known this for a long time. My mood is tightly tied to my weight and body image.  I think I have made friends with my scale now but will be visiting it less often! :)  

I'd love to tag along with you all as you continue on!

Have a SUPER day!

PeggySue

Great job!  I'm so glad everyone is happy with their results :)  

I ended up losing 7 pounds, 1.5 inches on my waist, 2 on my hips, and 1 on my thighs.  For some reason that doesn't seem like much to me because my clothes feel so big on me?! I took comparison photos, but I honestly can't see a difference.  Maybe I am being too hard on myself.  I am focusing on my NSVs, rather than the numbers.  Besides the way my clothes fit me, I've also noticed that my skin is so much softer/clearer, my hair is softer, my nails are stronger, my mind is so alert and clear, i have so much energy and haven't had an afternoon "slump" for weeks! 

I decided to reintroduce gluten today.  I already knew I was sensitive to it, but I had never done this controlled of a test before.  I used to always have lingering headaches when I was growing up, and about 5 years ago I determined, through process of elimination, that when I stayed away from gluten, I did not have the headaches.  I ate a whole wheat english muffin with my breakfast this morning, and about an hour later I noticed my old headache coming on, and I've had it for the last few hours.  I also felt a little bloated immediately after eating it, but I think that's subsided throughout the day.  Very interesting, and happy to confirm what I already knew. I'll be going back to my whole30 ways until Saturday, when I am planning to introduce dairy! 

Wow! Congrats everyone on your amazing accomplishments! I lost 13 pounds so I was pretty close to my goal of 15 pounds! I lost almost an inch off my waist and almost 2 off my hips. I still have plenty of weight to lose so I'm gonna continue posting on here. So today's day 31 if anyone wants to continue!

Hi All,

Haven't been posting much, but I have been checking in now and then. I lost 4.5 lbs. and an inch off my waist. I'm happy with that. I'm going to keep on going! My skin looks better and I feel better.

If anyone else is continuing are you staying in this group or starting another?

Good luck to everyone!

I'm continuing and I'm staying here!

Congrats everyone for making it! Whoo-hoo!!!

I am down 4.5 pounds as well. Didn't take measurements but pants are def looser. I will be continuing as well after this. Just let me know if we are starting a new thread or staying on this one.

Proud of us all!

I'm starting here and continuing. So today's day 31!

Wow its awesome to read everyones accomplishments!! 

I posted my NSV's yesterday…..I have lost 13lbs and am SO happy about that. I still have a long way to go in my weight loss journey, but I feel like this is the only way of eating that has ever felt this good and worked!! This is an excellent start for me. As I said before I have committed to a WHOLE90 myself.

Happy Day 31 to everyone who is continuing on I'm with you!!!

Goal for the next 30 days…..working out at least 30 mins daily….already got my work out in today and feel great!

Day 31! Feeling pretty good. Just read the new wholesome 30 and Melissa covered exactly how I'm feeling about going back to making my own eating choices. I should go back and reread the slow reintroduction. I'm still doing my workouts and now I'm working on my plank hold. I got 1 minute and 5 seconds today! I'm trying to increase by even a few seconds. That's how I got 3 more seconds today. And then I'm going to slowly progress into attempting push ups. Good luck everyone in this round!

Happy day 31! I'm in. I'm also going to try working out on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day. It's difficult because I get up at 6am to do all my food prep work and then rush to work. I normally get home after 7:00pm then it's time to make dinner and clean up. I guess I need to get up sooner.

Happy day 31! I'm in. I'm also going to try working out on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day. It's difficult because I get up at 6am to do all my food prep work and then rush to work. I normally get home after 7:00pm then it's time to make dinner and clean up. I guess I need to get up sooner.

Have you tried doing your prep work over the weekend? I do mine on Sundays and that gets plenty of work out of the way.

Have you tried doing your prep work over the weekend? I do mine on Sundays and that gets plenty of work out of the way.

Hi Naz,

My weekend is Wednesday and Thursday. I'm in RV Sales and most of the time I have to go in on my days off. So there isn't truly a day I can call my own. When I can find a whole day for myself, I clean the house, wash clothes and there is always working in the garden. To be honest I also cook for my dogs. They are little Yorkies with sensitive tummies. That's why mornings are the best.

Day 32 flew by! This way of eating has become so normal to me that I don't feel deprived from anything. I noticed tonight after dinner hubby was having cake and that I didn't care AND I didn't even really want any! That's huuuuuuge for me because before I would ask him for some or I would want some really badly but would try to control myself not to. Who else has decided to continue?

Hi All

Still on plan and its so much easier every day.

I even went Easter Egg shopping today, into a whole shop wall to wall of every chocolate type, flavour, type etc with free tasters...and I wasn't even interested, I didn't want any for myself and it wasn't like I was missing out. I feel so much more in control :)

Day 33! I was at my mom's today. I packed my lunch salad with me since I was planning to be home for dinner. I actually ended up staying a bit later but I still came home and had dinner. My mom wanted me to make some banana bread and so I did but of course I didn't have any. I didn't even want any!

One of my cousin is trying to get a bunch of family members to participate in a 5k for women's cancer in November. I'm so excited since I've never run a 5k! I'm also a bit nervous for the same reasons. I just downloaded an app called couch to 5k to help train. Has anyone ever run a 5k? Any tips/suggestions?

Hope everyone's day 33 went well!

Hey all, I ended up leaving 12 lbs and 4.5 inches behind and I am going to still keep going. I am going to try the sweet potato chili this weekend and see how that turns out. I know I had mentioned the chocolate chili didn't do it for me but it was either my taste buds weren't acclimated yet or the act of freezing leftovers helped the flavors but it was much better.

Naz, the couch to 5k app is a great app to get you there.

One of my cousin is trying to get a bunch of family members to participate in a 5k for women's cancer in November. I'm so excited since I've never run a 5k! I'm also a bit nervous for the same reasons. I just downloaded an app called couch to 5k to help train. Has anyone ever run a 5k? Any tips/suggestions.

That app is great and starting now is great too cause it ramps you up slowly. You get to listen to your own tunes while running and will get you to 5k if you commit. Once you get to 5k you can then do the 10k one too ;)

I am still around. Was away for March Break with kids/family. Stayed with my in laws, they cooked most meals (I did my own breakfast) and I stayed on track but I have a feeling they weren't completely honest with me on ingredients cause I felt off after 2 days so I think I may have inadvertently ate off plan ingredients. I am still moving forward though and am home now so I have full control again.

Hi All,

I'm still with you as well. Does anyone know of any mints that would be compliant? I'm in sales and after I eat lunch I fell like I need something. I tried bringing a tooth brush and tooth paste but I don't always have the time.

Sarah Kate, please let me know how the chili turns out. I was thinking of trying that.

Day 34! Had to do some prep cooking today since I had run out of my soups and I love having them for breakfast. I also made a seasoning from nom nom paleo called magic mushroom powder. I used it in my soup so I hope out tastes good! Tomorrow I'll do the rest of my work along with a new workout for this week. I'm thinking about first conditioning myself on the elliptical since the 5k isn't until November. And then when the weather is warmer I'll try out the app outdoors. I'm worried about the knee issues I've heard about due to running. Has anyone ever had any such problems? I guess I won't know until I start running.

Karen, since you didn't do any of that on purpose I think you should be fine. I would be a little upset if someone lied to me especially with dietary issues! Hope everything goes OK!

Good luck everyone! These days are flying by that I have to look at my previous posts to see what day it is!

P.S. my hubby is letting right next to me with a container of cheese puffs and it's like completely normal and I don't want any. I'm not being bothered at all! I'm still surprising myself!

Helllllooooo ladies!! Can I just say that you are ALL ROCKSTARS!! :D  :D

I have not been around since falling off the wagon at day 15 because  I felt like a little bit of a failure :( .  Seeing you all continuing with no slips was mentally challenging for me as I couldn't help but beat myself up a little bit. Yes I did get rack back on the wagon and started over, but it was still a challenge knowing that I was back to day #1 while you guys were over the hill and half way done.

Sooooo..... despite the fact that you ladies are amazingly supportive I decided I needed to stay away from the board as it reminded me of my poor choices.  

HOWEVER..... As already mentioned, I did pick myself up and keep going. So today for me is day #20!! I finally feel like I am on the home stretch!! YES!!!  My only complaint is that my cravings have NEVER gone away. I still think and dream of chocolate and ice cream on a VERY regular basis. Man I miss that stuff!! Despite the killer cravings and mental mind games I am able to say no when candy, cookies, cakes etc are placed in front of me. So that is an improvement. I just wish I didn't still desire them so much!!

I have yet to step on the scale or repeat my measurements and I am DYING to know if I have lost any weight or inches.  I did however cheat a little and take some progress pictures along the way. I was super encouraged by those. If I can figure out how to post them I will share them with you.

My current plans are to finish a full 30 days (only 10 days left!!!!) have some chocolate, maybe some wine and then restart on April 4th. Only problem is that I have two girls trips planned in April therefore I am not sure how compliant I will be. :P  Maybe I should just change my plans and say that I will still eat 90% whole30 from April 1st-April 24th and then go strict whole30 again on April 25th when the girls trips have been completed.

Anywhoooo..... You ladies really are amazing!! Thank you for the support that you were to me while I was around!!

Helllllooooo ladies!! Can I just say that you are ALL ROCKSTARS!! :D  :D

I have not been around since falling off the wagon at day 15 because  I felt like a little bit of a failure :( .  Seeing you all continuing with no slips was mentally challenging for me as I couldn't help but beat myself up a little bit. Yes I did get rack back on the wagon and started over, but it was still a challenge knowing that I was back to day #1 while you guys were over the hill and half way done.

Sooooo..... despite the fact that you ladies are amazingly supportive I decided I needed to stay away from the board as it reminded me of my poor choices.  

HOWEVER..... As already mentioned, I did pick myself up and keep going. So today for me is day #20!! I finally feel like I am on the home stretch!! YES!!!  My only complaint is that my cravings have NEVER gone away. I still think and dream of chocolate and ice cream on a VERY regular basis. Man I miss that stuff!! Despite the killer cravings and mental mind games I am able to say no when candy, cookies, cakes etc are placed in front of me. So that is an improvement. I just wish I didn't still desire them so much!!

I have yet to step on the scale or repeat my measurements and I am DYING to know if I have lost any weight or inches.  I did however cheat a little and take some progress pictures along the way. I was super encouraged by those. If I can figure out how to post them I will share them with you.

My current plans are to finish a full 30 days (only 10 days left!!!!) have some chocolate, maybe some wine and then restart on April 4th. Only problem is that I have two girls trips planned in April therefore I am not sure how compliant I will be. :P  Maybe I should just change my plans and say that I will still eat 90% whole30 from April 1st-April 24th and then go strict whole30 again on April 25th when the girls trips have been completed.

Anywhoooo..... You ladies really are amazing!! Thank you for the support that you were to me while I was around!!

Awesome to see that you're doing sooooo much better! Maybe you're cravings are just taking longer to go away and those extra days you're planning on might help get rid of them. 10 more days! Awesome! You're almost there! Good luck!

Hi All,

I'm still with you as well. Does anyone know of any mints that would be compliant? I'm in sales and after I eat lunch I fell like I need something. I tried bringing a tooth brush and tooth paste but I don't always have the time.

Sarah Kate, please let me know how the chili turns out. I was thinking of trying that.

Did you take a look at those Listerene dissolving strips? I dunno if they're compliant or not but those are the only ones that I could think of that you might have a chance.

Archived