An experiment: Whole 30 + Acupuncture

mandrake

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Have you noticed the acupuncture to be helping?  I just started it for fertility.  But its crazy expensive and thus not daily :)  My two treatments weren't enough to get me preggers this month... how did it do for sugar/soy addiction?

Littleg: YES it helped immensely! I have a community clinic in my neighborhood that charges $25 per session and has an unlimited monthly pass for $150. I highly recommend it for any type of addiction issues!

Good luck with your fertility treatments!

Day 31

I'm going until Easter, so I'm not prepared to review my progress. I still feel very much in-the-middle of this process, and not at all near the end.

Part of that - most of that actually - has to do with my period being almost a week late and bringing a host of unusual sensations along with it. Insomnia and leg pain through the whole week; general feeling of heaviness; ongoing cramping in my lower abdomen; emotional reactions to being late... I think it is finally starting today. I really, really hope so. I would like to get back to feeling good again.

I'm finding that logging meals is a total drag. I'm eating strictly to the template, and not snacking. I am avoiding nuts and nut butters, and having minimal fruit. When I do have fruit it's a 1/2 cup of frozen berries with coconut flakes along with a meal, either breakfast when my veg is just a ton of sautéed greens, or dinner.

I've been leaning on acupuncture hard this week to help nudge my period. Being used to a regular period, this lateness and the strangeness of sensations has been difficult to deal with. I've had to confront some hidden beliefs about the way I think my body should operate: it's not a machine! Just because I stopped feeding it poison a month ago doesn't mean it will be able to perform the way I want it to: sleep when I say, exercise how and when I want, feel a certain way.

I'll try to log.

Meal 1 is almost always a potato spinach or potato pepper hash with eggs. Sometimes with some meat thrown in. And a cup of coffee. Yesterday my boss brought me an iced coffee at around 9:30 and it was divine.

Meal 2 is generally a protein (this week was beef patties, roast chicken, or pork) and roasted broccoli or broccoli cauliflower mix, with mayo. One day my boss got me chipotle and it was skimpy!

Meal 3 has been butternut squash soup with chicken and veggies and frozen berries with shredded coconut.

Last night I ran out of berries and considered going out and getting more. Decided I didn't want my sugar dragon bothering me and instead took a walk with my honey and the dogs, and picked up a tub of castleveltrano olives. Which I didn't end up eating because I wasn't hungry. It was nice to have control over my choices like that.

I still have several weeks and am full steam ahead. Looking forward to my period ending and getting back to feeling good!

Archived