TAZO Passion Tea

bebeaccia

I saw a similar post on Tazo Sweet Orange Spice tea, but I'm specifically wondering if the Tazo Passion Tea is okay. I question I because of the "Natural Tropical Flavors".. no idea what those are.

Here are the ingredients

hibiscus flowers, natural tropical flavors, citric acid, licorice root, orange peel, cinnamon, rose hips, lemongrass, fruit juice extract (colors)

On a related topic, anyone know if there is an existing Starbucks tea that is compliant. They have changed all their teas and don't even have just plain old regular green tea anymore... sigh.

Thanks very much :)

• Administrators

Natural flavours are acceptable on Whole30.  For future, use Google "Whole30 natural flavours" will bring up lots of discussion about this exact thing.  To find some forum hits on the starbucks question, I typed the following into my google brower:  forum.whole30.com: starbucks tea  By specifying the website address, you'll get forum results first.

As far as your question about compliancy in general, you always, always have to read the ingredients of what you are about to consume.  Even if Melissa Hartwig herself tells you that something is compliant, there is no guarantee that the manufacturer doesn't change the ingredients a week from now or that they might have a different formulation at your location.  Always, always check.

Archived