TMI... But BIG issue and need help please!

FusaroFTW

Been taking NOW super enzymes for almost 2 weeks(1 capsule/meal). Over past few days i started taking 2-3 per meal to see if ican get more results. Nothing major yet, change wise.... Until lunch today. I ate my usual food and seving (grassfed ground beef over lettuce, tomatoes, half avocado, small portion of sauteed cabbage and a small orange with water and 3 NOW capsules). Within ~5-10minutes of finishing my meal, i started burping, then "V-urping" noticing my burps were sort of... Liquid like? Then my stomach was doing a sort of hicup motion and felt "bubbly" but i did NOT feel nauseus... i felt my body "gagging" and bubbles in my gut is the best way to describe it. Not sure what was happening, but felt like i had a HUGE burp that needed to be released but somehow knew it would be more than a burp... but i literally ran to bathroom and the moment i was in a stall i "LOST my entire lunch" (via mouth). I know, TMI but thoughts? I am day 23 with no cheats. Only difference is increasing my super enzymes. Was feeling really gassy/bloated after meals which is why i started the enzymes. I will say that i 'think' i was starting to feel that "warm" feeling before the burps- but then lost all of my lunch. Afterwards i felt fine... Should i stop taking them?

You might want to post this on the blog post about digestive enzymes? (I posted a question about them and had an answer pretty quickly.)

I don't know too much about digestive enzymes and am certainly not an expert but I don't think 2-3 per meal is normal? Also, I had a problem with the NOW super enzymes - I had been taking vegetarian enzymes with no problems (1 per meal), then switched to NOW (1 per meal) and started getting a burning in my throat/weird taste for several hours (starting almost immediately after I took one). I think it was the type of enzyme - it included HCl and that can cause some irritation/reaction in some people.

3 per meal sounds like way too much to me (but again, I'm not an expert) - could you go back down to 1 per meal and see if things go back to normal? Or, switch to another kind?

Archived