Liz's Whole30 Log (so far)- Days 1-4

lizbogie

Hi everyone,

I am doing my first Whole30 and so far, overall, I'm feeling great. Would love to hear from others to make sure I'm on the right track with my eating, to make sure my feelings are normal, and if anyone has any tips to help me succeed. I have been meaning to post at the end of every day with my food and feelings log, but kept forgetting. I'll post daily going forward. Here's my first four days. 

Liz’s Whole30 Food and Feelings Diary

Day 1- Friday, March 4

How I feel today: I feel really energized, due to two factors: 1. I started the Whole30 after a three-day soup detox, and now I’m able to eat real food; and 2. I have been doing Pure Barre every single day since Wednesday, and plan to do it 5x a week (at least) throughout the Whole30. I’m not too hungry, but I’m afraid this isn’t a normal feeling since all I’ve been eating the past 3 days is soup. I do feel strong and am staving off cravings of sweets. Overall, I’m not feeling deprived at all. I feel prepared since we did a meal plan for the week. Currently looking through Pinterest to find interesting new compliant recipes.

Activity: 55 minutes Pure Barre, approx. 350 calories burned, 1 walk- not sure on steps/miles

Breakfast: 3 slices of cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto, 2 cups of coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: Salad with shredded Wegmans organic rotisserie chicken, carrots, beets, tomatoes, and avocado with lemon juice

Snack: A few banana chips

Drink: Several bottles of water with fresh squeezed lemon

Dinner: Pineapple pork, cauliflower fried rice, pineapple slices

Day 2- Saturday, March 5

How I feel today: Eating today was easier than yesterday. I have started to feel less “addicted” to sugar. I did have a slight headache all day. Every time I felt a tinge of hunger, I asked myself why I thought I was hungry, i.e. boredom, etc. We went on two long walks- one to and from Eastern Market, and another around Yards Park. I have been really tired- I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30. But I seem to be sleeping better overall and don’t need a sleep aid which is nice.

Activity: Two long walks- 11,249 steps, can’t remember miles

Breakfast: Banana, 2 cups of coffee

Lunch: Leftover pineapple pork “burrito” (wrapped in lettuce), salsa, guacamole, tapatio sauce

Snack: granny smith apple with 2 tbsp almond butter

Drink: Lemon water throughout the day

Dinner: Buffalo chicken drumsticks, sweet potato wedges, “Ranch” dressing

After dinner: a few slices of dried banana

Day 3- Sunday, March 6

How I feel today: Today I feel good, but am extremely tired from Pure Barre. I didn’t eat beforehand, which is probably why I don’t feel great. Need to eat something beforehand going forward. I am also stressed out because of this assignment I have due tonight, which probably isn’t helping my mood either.

Activity: 55 minutes Pure Barre, 375 calories burned, 1 hour walk at dog park

Breakfast: Banana, 2 cups of coffee (after barre)

Lunch: Roasted Mushroom, Asparagus, Tomato, and Chicken Frittata with Spinach, raspberry, assorted nut salad, olive oil and lemon on top for dressing

Snack: 1 slice of pork tenderloin, 1 apple, 2 tbsp almond butter

Drink: Hint watermelon water, lemon water

Dinner: Half a small filet, half baked potato, Brussels sprouts

Day 4- Monday, March 7

How I feel today: I feel really good today, but am a bit edgy and moody. Been doing a lot today work and homewise so I think the stress is coming from that. Little things are getting on my nerves. I am hungry this afternoon but am trying not to snack. Slept extremely well last night- didn’t wake up at all in the night like I used to do. I fell asleep on the couch by 9:20pm and it’s getting on Justin’s nerves because we can’t watch our Sunday night “stories.” Going to TRY and make myself stay up later tonight. My skin seems to be clearing up too which is nice. Drinking tons of water and feel more alert than I used to. Looking forward to our evening walk with Scout- it helps keep my mind off eating. I am really trying to give this my all.

Activity: 55 minutes Pure Barre, 400 calories burned, 45 minute walk around neighborhood

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 cups of coffee (before barre)

Lunch: Leftover frittata and salad

Snack: small scoop of almond butter

Dinner: Chicken fajita lettuce cups, fresh guacamole

Archived