acne

hello all!

I am on day 29! whoo hoo!!! I was wondering what advice there was on acne problems:

1. tiny red and white pimples all over my chest and shoulder

2. cyst like (painful, big) pimples on my jaw line

3. acne on my back (even low back and up my neck too)

Ive seen a reduction in symptoms for my facial acne (but would love it to be COMPLETELY GONE!!!) but my chest is still the same as it was 29 days ago. wasn't sure if there was something I could be doing to help my acne heal up more or completely. my acne problems was one major reason for doing the whole 30 and I am happy with my other results (im planning on following the whole 30 from now on except for special events like st pattys day :)

This is totally not Whole30 or even diet related at all, but do you use a washcloth or loofah or shower scrub puff thing? Those things can harbor acne-causing bacteria and using them on your skin perpetuates the acne. I had terrible back acne in college and it turned out I was making it worse by using a washcloth - it cleared up a ton when I stopped using a washcloth. Also, Neutrogena Body Clear body wash is great, as long as you're not using a scrubby thing. My SO and I have had good results from it.

If that's not the case, then welp...

As for diet, I would be encouraged if you've seen less facial acne, because that probably means that something is working. I just ask about the use of a scrubby thing because I thought it was interesting that your face was getting better but not your chest.

You might need a little more tweaking for your acne goals, but it does sound like you're on the right track.

Acne can have some other factors as well as food though, hormones and inflammation.

Fructose can be a factor so you may see some better results switching to low fructose fruits.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/06/16/food-causing-acne.aspx

http://paleoforwomen.com/hormonal-acne-where-its-coming-from-and-what-to-do-about-it/

If you're not taking any of these already, you may also want to look at Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2 (not the same as Vitamin K) and Magnesium.

This is totally not Whole30 or even diet related at all, but do you use a washcloth or loofah or shower scrub puff thing? Those things can harbor acne-causing bacteria and using them on your skin perpetuates the acne. I had terrible back acne in college and it turned out I was making it worse by using a washcloth - it cleared up a ton when I stopped using a washcloth. Also, Neutrogena Body Clear body wash is great, as long as you're not using a scrubby thing. My SO and I have had good results from it.

If that's not the case, then welp...

As for diet, I would be encouraged if you've seen less facial acne, because that probably means that something is working. I just ask about the use of a scrubby thing because I thought it was interesting that your face was getting better but not your chest.

thanks! I will try the Neutrogena clear body wash. I don't use a washcloth or scrubby thing, just my good ol money makers (it funny when you know what I do for a living....im a sign language interpreter so I use my hands for a living!). I also make sure to wash my hands with soap before using the face wash. and I use a separate towel for just my face so maybe that's why its better on my face...maybe I should try making sure I wash my towels more often cause I know ill wash the hand towel that I use for my face only more often. or use the hand towel for my face and my chest and see if that helps along with washing the towel more often

You might need a little more tweaking for your acne goals, but it does sound like you're on the right track.

Acne can have some other factors as well as food though, hormones and inflammation.

Fructose can be a factor so you may see some better results switching to low fructose fruits.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/06/16/food-causing-acne.aspx

http://paleoforwomen.com/hormonal-acne-where-its-coming-from-and-what-to-do-about-it/

If you're not taking any of these already, you may also want to look at Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2 (not the same as Vitamin K) and Magnesium.

thanks for the articles! ill have to read them tomorrow while at work! I do take magnesium already but haven't yet for the d3 or k2. im nervous about adding more meds tho cause lots of the meds I do take now already have soy lectin or gelatin which I know isn't compliant but I cant go without these meds and cant afford super expensive replacements (unless you have any recommendations for allergy meds, prenatal vit)

Archived