Starting March 21. Anyone else?

getfitangela

Hey everyone! My name is Angela and I'm looking to start the whole30 on March 21. I'm doing it in hopes to clear up some skin issues i'm having that I feel is related to my poor diet. I would love to do this with someone since I know it will be difficult!

Thanks!!

Angela

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts on re-intro, for my personal situation.

I have lymphedema in my left arm resulting from a mastectomy and removal of lymph nodes about five years ago during breast cancer treatment. (Yay, it's been over five years since diagnosis!) Been wearing compression sleeve on my arm everyday for all those five years. I have about seven sleeves that I hand wash and dry every week, they wear out after about six months but I make them last longer by rotating them. They cost about $60 each.

My doctors at MD Anderson, world leaders in cancer treatment, do not fully understand why some patients get lymphedema and some do not.

During my last whole60 and this whole30, I have spent many minutes just staring at and wiggling my left thumb. :) It is so much less swollen and more flexible. It has always seemed to be the place where I can judge how my whole arm is doing at the moment. And during a whole30 it definitely feels so much better.

Back to my goals for reintroduction. I want to find a version of paleo that keeps my arm like it is now. I know wheat is out for me. I know sugar is out. I don't want soy in my diet either. Some dairy causes stomach issues. Maybe test rice? Maybe butter, although I like ghee. I would really like to be able to eat out without being so picky, so I'm going to have to expect hidden ingredients.

It has recently dawned on me that this is also the perfect explanation to friends who ask about my way of eating. Telling them that it keeps the swelling in my arm down is a simple, straight forward, question stopping reason. Something they can completely understand. Yea! I'm happy with that!

HAPPY DAY 30 TO ALL THE MARCH 20 FOLKS!! :D

I feel really good.  I'll be interested to step on the scale tomorrow.  Back on day 3 when it was Spring Break here I bought a pair of orange (yes orange) jeans. I could get them on and hook them but it would not have been comfortable for all day wear.  I'm gonna slap those britches on tomorrow.  I'm not worried because I spent Sunday "shopping in my closet"  and was delighted to reclaim some things I haven't worn for a while.

I was going to say the BEST thing about Whole 30 eating but there isn't 1 best thing, there are many.  I think the food is delicious.  I made the Pork Loin Roast with walnuts yesterday and everyone loved it.  Mashed sweet potatoes got a thumbs up too.  Now I'm learning that when I make many of the recipies, especially the sauces, I need to freeze half. Because of all the fresh ingredients some things go sour before I can finish them.

I haven't given much thought to reintroduction, there isn't anything I want to eat that much.  I decided though that any of the non-compliant things, lilke wine, chocolate and bread, can't be eaten I my house, they have to be part of a dinner out.  I am going to buy a bottle of stevia.  The one place I would like to try it is in the coconut cream I put on strawberries.  I have found the best stevia is at The Vitamin Shop.  They have their own brand and it is the least bitter and a little goes a very long way.

Enjoy the day all.   I wonder whatever happened to Get Fit Angela?  I hope she tried it.

Pat   :rolleyes:

Back on day 3 when it was Spring Break here I bought a pair of orange (yes orange) jeans. I could get them on and hook them but it would not have been comfortable for all day wear.  I'm gonna slap those britches on tomorrow. 

At first I read this as, "I'm gonna slap those bitches on tomorrow." I was thinking, you GO PAT! Tiger blood!!

And then:

Oh.

BRITCHES.

Lol.

I haven't reintroduced anything yet, but this week I do plan to make some fajitas with pre-seasoned meat. It has some wheat listen as an ingredient, far down in the list. I started a post whole30 log and am going to try to stay active there to help me transition and stick with paleo.

Reintroduced and did well until yesterday when the craving dragon (not really sweets, though) appeared.  Grains without much protein, I think was the culprit.  Doing a three day back on the plan!  I'm transitioning over to a post Whole 30 log, too.  Thanks to everyone for the support!

Mary

Reintroduced and did well until yesterday when the craving dragon (not really sweets, though) appeared.  Grains without much protein, I think was the culprit.  Doing a three day back on the plan!  I'm transitioning over to a post Whole 30 log, too.  Thanks to everyone for the support!

Mary

Way to get back on plan and not let it snowball!!

Archived