hungry, tired, cranky, depressed

I'm on Day 21.  I've noticed I've been really sad as of late and questioned if this is related to Whole30.  It would make sense, because sugar stimulates the pleasure center of the brain.  Take away the sugar, take away the pleasure. 

I did post a similar question earlier this week and got a good response, which I will paste below.

Major changes in eating can often present with emotional feelings. I'm not sure how you ate before but assuming there was some sugar, snacking etc.. that happened when unpleasant emotions were knocking at your door? This is totally not a judgement, it's a fact of life for many of us.
Sure, you can up your starchy carbs and make sure you get sunshine, but don't dismiss the feelings as only being caused by what you're eating. Be curious about what's happening when you start to feel sad, how your cravings interact with uncomfortable feelings and try and find ways to soothe yourself that don't revolve around food.. bubble bath, a good book, a phone call with a friend, a nice herbal tea...

There's a lot of healing that goes on within a Whole30 and it's not only nutrition and gut health, it can be emotional and mental health as well....           

______

BTW, feeling tired is normal as you detox from sugar.  You might need naps!  I got this information by subscribing to the daily Whole30 emails--worth every penny!

If you are hungry, you aren't eating enough protein and fat.  If you eat eggs for breakfast, add another egg or two and cook with coconut oil.  I usually eat eggs with 1/2 avocado and it keeps me going. 

Archived