First Timer

crimsondiva0305

Good morning. This is my first time doing this program. I decided to start on today so that I could have a whole weekend to read the program rules and the book. I have prayed about my success and results. I'm hoping that I can cure my high blood pressure, cure my skin allergies, and stop my knee from hurting when I work out. Good luck to all who are partaking in this process.

The first day was so difficult for me. I almost gave up, but when I thought of all of ailments that African-Americans are faced with, I kept pushing. I had one heck of a headache (didn't go away until this morning), but I pushed through my pain. I went to the gym and worked out an hour. Headed back to the gym after work for a workout and a class. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

@crimsondiva0305

That is wonderful!  Just keep pushing yourself through.  I know they say this isn't hard, but for me the first time was very hard.  You made it through yesterday and you can make it through today.  Just one day at a time.  I try not to think of 30 days, but just one day at a time.

@crimsondiva0305

That is wonderful!  Just keep pushing yourself through.  I know they say this isn't hard, but for me the first time was very hard.  You made it through yesterday and you can make it through today.  Just one day at a time.  I try not to think of 30 days, but just one day at a time.

Thank you so much. I have a countdown calendar that I use to mark off the dates. One day at a time. A guy laughed at me today because of what I had for breakfast. They just don't understand how hard it is for me not to stop at the McDonald's. But I'm not giving up at all. Thanks for your support.

We are almost on the same schedule.  I'm starting Day Three today.  The mornings go okay, but I get an ugly headache in the evening.  It will pass though and it is so worth it in the end.  Have you seen the Whole30 Timeline?  It describes how many people feel on certain days along the process and helps me know that this is normal.  I've done some Whole30's in the past and they made a HUGE difference in my health.  Now I'm trying to reclaim that healthy space before I get older and unhealthier!

Today, I am not on day 9. So far, so good. It has been a long process. The hardest part has been watching others eat what I couldn't eat. I made it over some tough days (I had a three day field trip right after I started the program). This morning, I realized that a pair of pants that were super tight two weeks ago are just tight now. So, that's some progress. I also noticed that when I workout, there is minimal pain in my knees, so that's some progress. I'm looking forward to the end results.

We are almost on the same schedule.  I'm starting Day Three today.  The mornings go okay, but I get an ugly headache in the evening.  It will pass though and it is so worth it in the end.  Have you seen the Whole30 Timeline?  It describes how many people feel on certain days along the process and helps me know that this is normal.  I've done some Whole30's in the past and they made a HUGE difference in my health.  Now I'm trying to reclaim that healthy space before I get older and unhealthier!

I haven't seen the timeline. I will need to look at it.

Archived