Weight gain on whole30?

I'm in my final week of whole30 and it seems like all my clothes have gotten tighter. I started whole30 to help wth GI distress and also improve my relationship with food from binging and purging but it seems like I'm still having trouble with portions. A typical day of food is

M1: 4 eggs with 2 cups cauliflower rice and .5 thumb ghee

M2: spinach sweet potato salmon frittata with handful of olives and half avocado and 2 cups salad greens

M3: 2 palms salmon/chicken with 2-3 cups veggies incl. red peppers, okra, kale, sweet potato and 1 thumb of coconut oil or a curry sauce

I was working out every day doing 4 days of hot vinyasa yoga and 3 days of running and eating post workout meals for all incl. sweet potato and 1 chicken epic bar but have since stopped eating post workout meals after yoga and only for running if my muscles need it.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

• 4 weeks later...

Why no replies to this topic?? I'm curious to hear thoughts as that level of activity is where I plan to get back to (I've been off the wagon for a while), although my schedule would generally include 3-4 days of kettle bells, 1-2 days yoga, and biking 4-6 days/week. Right now I'm really just doing the biking as I'm only a week into my first W30. Did you keep going after your 30 days? I also got into this in the hopes of changing my binge-eating habits. I tend to be very successful at weight loss, energy levels, etc just counting calories and exercising consistently. As soon as I slip up, I fall completely off the wagon and gain a bunch of the weight back. Also holding off on more exercise right now since I'm just wrapping my head around meal planning and can't handle extra pre- and post-workout nutrition on top of that. Hope someone responds to your questions!

I'm in my final week of whole30 and it seems like all my clothes have gotten tighter. I started whole30 to help wth GI distress and also improve my relationship with food from binging and purging but it seems like I'm still having trouble with portions. A typical day of food is

M1: 4 eggs with 2 cups cauliflower rice and .5 thumb ghee

M2: spinach sweet potato salmon frittata with handful of olives and half avocado and 2 cups salad greens

M3: 2 palms salmon/chicken with 2-3 cups veggies incl. red peppers, okra, kale, sweet potato and 1 thumb of coconut oil or a curry sauce

I was working out every day doing 4 days of hot vinyasa yoga and 3 days of running and eating post workout meals for all incl. sweet potato and 1 chicken epic bar but have since stopped eating post workout meals after yoga and only for running if my muscles need it.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

If you've come from a background of bingeing & purging then it's fairly likely your body will be just getting itself used to the continuous supply of nutritious food, and prioritizing healing over and above anything else - many people in your position need more than the 30 days before they start seeing results of any kind which is why so many people in that position extend to 45 or sometimes 60 days.

Your meal one & three look very low on fat to me - .5 thumb of ghee? Seriously? I use a couple of tablespoons of oil/mayo/ghee on every meal, on top of any oils I've used for cooking. Fat is your friend here.

It's hard to tell from just the one day, but you do have a fair volume of high FODMAPs which could cause bloating which would make yur clothes feel tighter, so you could always cut back on those. Or simply cut back to one serving of starchy veg per day, and stick with a lean protein for your postWO meal.

How are you feeling after meals? How soon is it until you are hungry again?

What NSVs have you noticed? Are you wakening with an appetite? Are you sleeping better? Do you have steady levels of energy throughout the day? Stable mood? Stronger nails? Healthier hair? Clearer skin?

Obviously it's almost a month since this was first posted so I apologise that this was missed - and hopefully this reply (albeit possibly too late for you) may be of help to anyone else finding themselves in a similar situation.

Archived